Christianity and Trump

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I feel sorry for the op, thinking in today's church that one could find truth. I go back to those warnings of false prophets deceiving millions in the last days. Those words referring to the deception of christians, and deception by the millions, exactly as we see today within christian church after christian church. I call what they do as "PREACHING TRUMP".

I went to church last Christmas, I expected to hear about mangers and three kings and Mary and stars over Bethlehem..... but no.
What I heard in this very Pentecostal church from this very Pentecostal pastor was not mangers or Bethlehem but how great Donald Trump was. And how blessed christians were to have a president like Donald Trump. And how this president Donald Trump was the defender of truth and justice and the gospel. IT FUCKING MADE ME SICK!!!

And I thought OH SHIT.... IS THIS WHAT IT HAS COME TO???
Then, this Pentecostal pastor went on to make fun of masks and covid and vaccines, none of which the congregation were wearing, believed in, or had gotten. So here I was, sitting there wearing my little mask, part of only a few in the crowd, and did I get the stares as if I were some demon possessed intruder sitting amongst them.
I was truly in shock because I found myself witnessing actual biblical prophesy in the making. And after the sermon ended, as we left the church, the only thought running thru my head was... THIS IS A FALSE PROPHET. This guy, this pastor is actually a false prophet spewing false prophesy to his congregation. He actually preaches Trump over the birth of Christ, and on Christmas the most Holy of days.
HOLY SHIT!!!

My dad, my Q sisters all have been going to this church for many years. And I said to them, this pastor of yours is a false prophet. A real deceiving of millions false prophet. And my family just laughed. Thought I was nutz. Brushed it off. And I suddenly realized, god has actually blinded them to the truth. Actually blinded the entire congregation to the truth, thus to allow gods prophesy to be fulfilled.
This is how it happens. In order to fulfill gods will, christians must be blinded to the truth. I don't understand why or how, however I have now seen it for myself first hand. Up close. And I'm wondering why was I able to see the truth where as so many others, so many Christians can not?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I went to church last Christmas, I expected to hear about mangers and three kings and Mary and stars over Bethlehem..... but no.
What I heard in this very Pentecostal church from this very Pentecostal pastor was not mangers or Bethlehem but how great Donald Trump was. And how blessed christians were to have a president like Donald Trump. And how this president Donald Trump was the defender of truth and justice and the gospel. IT FUCKING MADE ME SICK!!!
Pentecostals are filled with a special kind of hate... they fucking hate everyone and everything.

I don't "church" as it's often refereed to here in the babble bible belt. Funerals virtually never, but sometimes.

I was a volunteer firefighter for over 30 years, and it is a brotherhood that binds us. A neighboring department had a line of duty death, and of course every fire department in the region was at his funeral. I went in uniform, and drove our engine in the funeral procession.

The preacher (hate monger) was Pentecostal, and spent the whole service telling all the baptists in attendance that they were going straight to hell unless they immediately mended their sinful ways and joined his church.
This ass wipe never once mentioned the firefighter in the flag draped coffin immediately in front of him, either by name, or generally. Not a single time in probably 20+ minutes of spewing his hate and spittle.

Out of respect for the firefighter and family, no one got up and walked out, but learned afterwards that many thought about it. Also learned his church was tiny, consisting of about 5 families, and probably the first time this ass had more than 10 people sitting in front of him, and he wasn't going to waste the opportunity to spew his hate.