Chris Matthews retires from MSNBC over Sanders remarks

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Okay let’s tie back to the big money thought.
How does Clyburns recommendation = big money?
The fact is more voters are voting for Biden without big money spending. This isn’t saying Biden’s campaign is broke or doesn’t spend money, I am saying Biden’s spending is on the low side.

I never implied that James Clyburn's endorsement had anything to do with big money... regardless of the video on Biden and the Veteran... that was in response to another poster.

As for James Clyburn I think he mainly helped Biden by easing doubts some in the African-American community may have had over Biden's '94 crime Bill. that's pretty much it.

Feb 4, 2009
I never implied that James Clyburn's endorsement had anything to do with big money... regardless of the video on Biden and the Veteran... that was in response to another poster.

As for James Clyburn I think he mainly helped Biden by easing doubts some in the African-American community may have had over Biden's '94 crime Bill. that's pretty much it.

Apologies maybe I am confusing you with someone earlier who said the wealthy & DNC are behind Biden so now he’s winning.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Apologies maybe I am confusing you with someone earlier who said the wealthy & DNC are behind Biden so now he’s winning.

No apologies needed.
I would not necessarily disagree that the Wealthy or the DNC are more comfortable with Biden for what should be obvious reasons. Bernie stated he would raise taxes on the wealthy and many in the DNC probably hold Bernie at least partly responsible for Hillary's electoral loss.

I think James Clyburn's endorsement of Biden is not related to the above factors but more toward how much support Biden gets from the african-American community as a whole (at least above a certain age as in younger age groups Bernie's support rises across most demographics)

Feb 4, 2009
No apologies needed.
I would not necessarily disagree that the Wealthy or the DNC are more comfortable with Biden for what should be obvious reasons. Bernie stated he would raise taxes on the wealthy and many in the DNC probably hold Bernie at least partly responsible for Hillary's electoral loss.

I think James Clyburn's endorsement of Biden is not related to the above factors but more toward how much support Biden gets from the african-American community as a whole (at least above a certain age as in younger age groups Bernie's support rises across most demographics)

Fair enough, I really want all candidates to work together this cycle. IMO last election Bernie didn’t work hard enough to support Hillary and Hillary didn’t offer any consessions to Bernie (yeah I know #bothsides).
I would really like Biden to make some sort of commitment to Bernie and Bernie work his ass off getting Bros to vote Biden.
Winning is everything this election. As I have said multiple times getting something is a shitload better than nothing with a side serving of 4 more “fuck you libs” years.