Choice between two cpu coolers

tutuava

Aug 28, 2011
I'm going to get an Ivy Bridge 3770 and have a choice between two coolers - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev. 2 and Cooler Master Hyper TX3. I'm not overclocking (or if so, only a bit) so I'm just looking for the most quiet and reliable of the two. I'm currently using an Arctic Cooling Alpine 7 and it's a bit louder than I would like.

Alternatively I can get a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, but it's a bit bigger so not sure how well it would fit. These are my choices as I'm not building myself.

tutuava

Aug 28, 2011
Not sure yet, maybe a Cooler Master Silencio 550. Is the 212 a lot quieter than the smaller ones? Temperatures shouldn't matter too much as it'll run at or near stock..

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Not sure yet, maybe a Cooler Master Silencio 550. Is the 212 a lot quieter than the smaller ones? Temperatures shouldn't matter too much as it'll run at or near stock..

Larger fans tend to be quieter as they don't need to spin as fast to move the same amount of air.

3770k's can get hot at stock speeds depending on what your doing. A 120mm based cooler gives a lot of fan options if the stock fan is too loud to you.

tutuava

Aug 28, 2011
Thank you all for the suggestions - I only have the choices I mentioned. It sounds like the two 92mm fans are a wash and the 212 will be quieter, just have to see if it will fit..