Chocolate War

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Dark chocolate, but it has to be quality. Hershey's dark chocolate is horrible.

Rapunzel is probably the best chocolate that I can readily find. I went to a Belgian chocolatier once, and they made some incredible dark chocolates. My hometown also has a place called Nouveau Chocolates that makes a great dark chocolate.

The chocolate isn't supposed to be soft. I can almost bend Hershey's chocolates, and it's almost devoid of flavor. A great dark chocolate has the flavor of coffee/toffee, dried fruit (I get a lot of blueberry notes usually), and sweet tobacco. Great stuff.

IMO of course.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Proletariat
Originally posted by: Phoenix86
Racist.

Your an idiot.

I like the OP's choice though.
Don't be retarded, mmmkay?

I also like the OPs choice... Mmmm

edit: oh, but preferrably european dark chocolate. Most the US stuff is too... bendable, like Descartes said.

Proletariat

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Racist.

Your an idiot.

edit: oh, but preferrably european dark chocolate. Most the US stuff is too... bendable, like Descartes said.

South Park is for 15 year olds okkkkkkkkkkkkk yaar???

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Originally posted by: jEct2
I prefer Dark Chocolate and a Tall glass of M.I.L.K.

Hershey's Sympony Bar & a pour milk into a tall thick glass taken from the freezer.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Racist.

Your an idiot.

South Park is for 15 year olds okkkkkkkkkkkkk yaar???
Ageist.

L

Lola

i don't like chocolate.
if i do eat it, i prefer white chocolate.

fruity candies are my favorite:
Gummy bears
starburst
sour patch kids
etc

Feb 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Descartes
Dark chocolate, but it has to be quality. Hershey's dark chocolate is horrible.

Rapunzel is probably the best chocolate that I can readily find. I went to a Belgian chocolatier once, and they made some incredible dark chocolates. My hometown also has a place called Nouveau Chocolates that makes a great dark chocolate.

The chocolate isn't supposed to be soft. I can almost bend Hershey's chocolates, and it's almost devoid of flavor. A great dark chocolate has the flavor of coffee/toffee, dried fruit (I get a lot of blueberry notes usually), and sweet tobacco. Great stuff.

IMO of course.

Ghiradelli man.....

*sigh* Bay Area natives know...

Jawo

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
Cadbury makes some good chocolate, so does Lindt....I would have to concour that most US chocolate is rather weak...

Did anyone catch George Duran's show on the food network last week? It was all about chocolate...he had people taste 100% cacao and most didnt realize how bitter it was!

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Descartes
A great dark chocolate has the flavor of coffee/toffee, dried fruit (I get a lot of blueberry notes usually), and sweet tobacco.

If you get the really good ones, you can catch just a whiff of edam cheese and asparagus!

I prefer dark chocolate, too.

With a glass of port. Or four.

gsellis

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2003
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
I'm a Lindt dark chocolate kind of guy.
Agreed. Had it the first time from the store in the square in downtown Brussels.

Dove's Dark is not bad.

And Lola... you are seriously damaged ;)