CHINESE DEMOCRACY IS NOW!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
Originally posted by: dNor
Riffs = good, vocals = miserable

So it's the same as pretty much every GnR album?

Yeah.

I was a big GnR fan as a young teen, went to the GnR/Faith no More/Metallica concert in '91, was loads of fun.

You don't listen to GnR for the quality of it, it's just good old dirty rock.

That said, Slash is missed sorely.

BlackTigers

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2006
Originally posted by: RadiclDreamer
Who cares G&R suck

Blasphemy!

You cannot listen to Appetite for Destruction and think they suck.

Just...can't...fathom it...

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
November 23rd is going to be a sweet day, first I finally pick up Chinese Democracy and then there's the 24 TV movie! :cool:

Spineshank

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Good song. Final version is better than the leaked version that came out in June. I like Shacklers Revenge better though.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Gnrslash4life
Good song. Final version is better than the leaked version that came out in June. I like Shacklers Revenge better though.

It's not the best track on the album...however what better way to show the world that the record is coming but by releasing the title track first. Especially considering how long its taken.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
November Rain is one of the best songs ever, long but good. The video was great too.

Spineshank

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: GoPackGo
Originally posted by: Gnrslash4life

It's not the best track on the album...however what better way to show the world that the record is coming but by releasing the title track first. Especially considering how long its taken.

I agree 100%. I think theyll release Better as a single as well. But when you think bout it, all the songs are single quality. The only song i dont like so far is IRS. If The World im not too fond of either.

Im also happy they are releasing this on vinyl as I own all the albums except for Live Era on vinyl.

wheresmybacon

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Arkaign

Yeah.

I was a big GnR fan as a young teen, went to the GnR/Faith no More/Metallica concert in '91, was loads of fun.

Hey I like Slash but it's not like Buckethead just picked a guitar up yesterday.

Oct 11, 2007
Originally posted by: hungfarover

Yeah.

Hey I like Slash but it's not like Buckethead just picked a guitar up yesterday.

Buckethead > Slash

I have seen them both in concert. Slash only dreams of being able to play all the different styles that Buckethead can play.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: Tooncesthedrivingcat

Yeah.

Buckethead > Slash

I have seen them both in concert. Slash only dreams of being able to play all the different styles that Buckethead can play.

I don't have a problem with that, but Slash *was* Guns and Roses, along with Rose. The quality of the musician can't make up for the recipe that goes into the overall sound of the music. There are plenty of strictly average musicians, that put in the right mix, produce a unique and popular end result.

Oct 11, 2007

Yeah.

Buckethead > Slash

I don't have a problem with that, but Slash *was* Guns and Roses, along with Rose. The quality of the musician can't make up for the recipe that goes into the overall sound of the music. There are plenty of strictly average musicians, that put in the right mix, produce a unique and popular end result.

I do agree that Slash has the perfect image for the band and that he has that "dirty" style of playing. Buckethead didn't fit the band anyways, he is more suited as a solo act or playing with Primus.

I'm not a big fan of bumblefoot.

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006

Yeah.

Buckethead > Slash

Slash doesn't want to play all the other styles that Buckethead plays. (Seen both).
Slash has his style, and he's sticking with it.
This is why I hate being fans of guitarists. Too many are judging on dexterity and versatility in styles.

Oct 11, 2007
Originally posted by: foghorn67

Yeah.

Buckethead > Slash

Slash doesn't want to play all the other styles that Buckethead plays. (Seen both).
Slash has his style, and he's sticking with it.
This is why I hate being fans of guitarists. Too many are judging on dexterity and versatility in styles.

I didn't mention this before but I saw Slash 6 times with Velvet and he doesn't give a shit anymore. His playing is not what it used to be. You could just tell on stage his heart wasn't in it anymore.

edit... this is coming from a big slash fan.

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006
I didn't mention this before but I saw Slash 6 times with Velvet and he doesn't give a shit anymore. His playing is not what it used to be. You could just tell on stage his heart wasn't in it anymore.

edit... this is coming from a big slash fan.

Maybe it's because he is sober now. :Q

Spineshank

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Skyclad1uhm1
If the quality is similar to that of all those leaked songs earlier then I won't bother with it.

Define quality in this case. It does sound very similiar to the June leaks. Double vocals were added. Ending is a bit different too I noticed.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
I had some hope when the first riff started playing but the whole song ended up being bland