China, Trump, Secret Account, $15.1M cash withdrawal etc

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Payroll taxes are paid by the employee not the employer. Look at your paycheck, see those deductions for Social Security and Medicare? That is the payroll taxes that your company supposedly pays. It comes out of YOUR paycheck. Trump does not get a salary, his money almost all comes from dividends and capital gains, which does not pay payroll taxes, so he paid 0 in payroll taxes.
Incorrect! Both the employee and the employer pay payroll taxes. Each pays half (7.65% each)

Reactions: uclaLabrat

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Incorrect! Both the employee and the employer pay payroll taxes. Each pays half (7.65% each)

If the employee is a contractor or self employed, they pay both parts of FICA. Additionally, FICA payments stop when income reaches $137,700. The maximum amount an employer pays per year is $8,537.40 per person. All other payroll taxes are paid from the earnings of the employee. Given the limited number of employees for him, even at his hotels and golf courses, the total dollars to revenue is small. Most of his janitorial and management staff are provided by contracts, which would mean that he does not pay that, his contractors do.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Just wondering: Why do we keep calling this account "secret?"

Was it more obfuscated than other foreign accounts held by Trump and his various organizations?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Incorrect, the employee’s labor pays for both halves. Putting half the deduction from pay on the employer’s ledger simply makes that portion of the SS contribution not subject to income tax for the employee.

Reactions: Thump553

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Just wondering: Why do we keep calling this account "secret?"

Was it more obfuscated than other foreign accounts held by Trump and his various organizations?

It depends on how much effort Trump and his cronies made to cover any evidence of it.
Was there any effort?

Obviously not enough if someone was able to dig it up.
Trying to figure out why Rachel Maddow and others are calling it "secret."

Is there an actual reason? Are we just repeating "secret" because someone influenced us to call it that?

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Is. There. A. Reason?
Can. You. Connect. Dots? Do. You. Even. Logic. Bro?

How much of Trumps' finances hasn't been covered and kept hidden by him and his admin the last 5 years?

If you want to act daft like there's nothing happening and it's just another "hoax" then feel free, by all means.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Can. You. Connect. Dots? Do. You. Even. Logic. Bro?

How much of Trumps' finances hasn't been covered and kept hidden by him and his admin the last 5 years?

If you want to act daft like there's nothing happening and it's just another "hoax" then feel free, by all means.
LOL! You know what you sound like?

The first moment someone calls it "secret," my interest is piqued (perhaps the only reason they even called it "secret"). With my interest piqued, I obviously expect them to say how they found a "secret" account. When I get no explanation, I wonder if it's really "secret."

Is it not just one of many accounts you would expect a businessman to have? (regardless of unknown or dubious dealings)

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Trying to figure out why Rachel Maddow and others are calling it "secret."

Is there an actual reason? Are we just repeating "secret" because someone influenced us to call it that?
Have you heard about it til now? That is what secret means, hidden.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Have you heard about it til now? That is what secret means, hidden.
Have I heard about your bank account? Do you think other prominent business man types have only one account in one country?

What sounds "unusual" about a business or business man having an account in China? Note: Practically everything is manufactured there (doesn't everyone know this?).

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Nope. But every post you've made is not just questioning, but doubting. Rationalizing. Justifying. Excusing.
What is unusual about this account in China. Please tell me.

[edit]

I'm sorry. It's "wrong-think" to ponder why the account is being called "secret" instead of blindly running with the implication. I should simply accept that it's "secret" as you and everyone else has done. Shame on me for questioning what could quite possibly turn out to be exaggeration and hyperbole.

Last edited:

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
What is unusual about this. Please tell me.
What is unusual about Trump 'personally guaranteeing' over $400m in loans from Russian Oligarchs? Nothing? No chance of foreign influence? No Quid Pro Quo from Mr Quid Pro Quo himself? Funny.

Keep acting like it's all on the up-and-up. Moron.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
What is unusual about Trump 'personally guaranteeing' over $400m in loans from Russian Oligarchs? Nothing? No chance of foreign influence? No Quid Pro Quo from Mr Quid Pro Quo himself? Funny.

Keep acting like it's all on the up-and-up. Moron.
I don't understand. I would love to trash Trump for having a secret account. I don't want to repeat every bit of unquestioned nonsense. You should be ashamed of this post I have quoted here.

I am not acting like it's "on the up and up." I want to know what is wrong OR EVEN UNUSUAL with the account or it's activity.

How does ANY of that relate to the Chinese bank account purported to be a "secret" account? I would absolutely love if there was an association between these things that could be proven.

- Business man has an account in China.

Not unusual.

- Business man has a secret account in China.

Unusual. Please tell me more.

- Chinese business account had money go into it and out of it.

Not unusual, but I'd like to know more about where it came from.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

ralfy

Jul 22, 2013
It should not be surprising that people in power engage in such, whether it's Trump or Biden.

As for "Beijing Barry," it should probably be "Benghazi Barry."

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Have I heard about your bank account? Do you think other prominent business man types have only one account in one country?

What sounds "unusual" about a business or business man having an account in China? Note: Practically everything is manufactured there (doesn't everyone know this?).

You try to hide unreported income and IRS will light you up like fireworks. What us unusual is money flowing from that account to his personal account.

Also, China putting money in his pocket does not concern you?

Government personnel are not allowed to receive gifts. Presidents have to pay for gifts they want to retain from foreign dignitaries.

I know, shocking isn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: dawp and Pohemi

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
How does ANY of that relate to the Chinese bank account purported to be a "secret" account?
- Business man has an account in China.
Not unusual.
- Business man has a secret account in China.
Unusual. Please tell me more.
- Chinese business account had money go into it and out of it.
Not unusual, but I'd like to know more about where it came from.
Not unusual that $15m was deposited and withdrawn a year after he was elected? At that point he was not a businessman, he was POTUS. But yeah...keep playing the dumb game.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
You try to hide unreported income and IRS will light you up like fireworks. What us unusual is money flowing from that account to his personal account.
Is that where it went? How do we know? Whether the business dealings are dubious or not, don't rich business people make (and move around) lots of money?

Also, China putting money in his pocket does not concern you?
It would concern me a great deal. Did the Chinese government put it there? Or was it simply money earned by doing some kind of business there?

Government personnel are not allowed to receive gifts. Presidents have to pay for gifts they want to retain from foreign dignitaries.

I know, shocking isn't it?
Was there a gift? Money going in and out of a business account or a rich business man's account is not unusual or unexpected. If we know more about that money, and it's not benign business dealings, prosecute the fat orange f*cker.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Is that where it went? How do we know? Whether the business dealings are dubious or not, don't rich business people make (and move around) lots of money?

It would concern me a great deal. Did the Chinese government put it there? Or was it simply money earned by doing some kind of business there?

Was there a gift? I mean, money going into and out of a business account or a rich business man's account is not unusual or unexpected. If we know more about that money, and it's not benign business dealings, prosecute the fat orange f*cker.

Business accounts are registered. You don't get to call an account a business account til it is on the books in IRS.

<---- married to an auditor and used to work in government in capital financing.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Was there a gift? Money going in and out of a business account or a rich business man's account is not unusual or unexpected. If we know more about that money, and it's not benign business dealings, prosecute the fat orange f*cker.

I’ll help you out: