China production outpacing US by nearly 2:1

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
China is doing three things that tells me they are preparing for a limited nuclear conflict:

1. China is the only nation still producing nuclear weapons. While Russia and the US have agreed to a dismantle part of their nuclear stockpile, China is increasing their nuclear capability.

2. China is working on a supersonic missile delivery system that could be capable of defeating our defense systems.

3. China has built numerous ghost cities. These are fully functional cities that nobody lives in. It has been speculated that China built these cities to keep their economy afloat. I speculate they are cities where millions of refugees can go to.

The united States is not going to bomb a ghost city. If a current city is disrupted and no longer liveable, just move the population to a ghost city and resume normal life.

Woa so much fail here you really need so stop reading Boomers web sites.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
It was probably hypersonic I was referring to. There was a couple of news article last week about the new missiles.

United States: Approximately 5,113 nuclear warheads China: About 240 total warheads

That 240 are the ones we know of. We do not know the exact number of nuclear weapons China has.

How many times do we need to destroy the world? If just a fraction of those 240 reached their target there would be massive destruction. If a single major city were hit there would be millions of people displaced.

And read my post, I specified "limited" nuclear conflict.

[*]They are not whole cities they are parts of cities where real estate speculation has gone rampart.
[/LIST]

As for the ghost cities, they are whole cities,

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...17s-ghost-cities/story-e6frfqd9-1226716277487

Last edited:

BUnit1701

May 1, 2013
China is doing three things that tells me they are preparing for a limited nuclear conflict:

1. China is the only nation still producing nuclear weapons. While Russia and the US have agreed to a dismantle part of their nuclear stockpile, China is increasing their nuclear capability.

2. China is working on a supersonic missile delivery system that could be capable of defeating our defense systems.

3. China has built numerous ghost cities. These are fully functional cities that nobody lives in. It has been speculated that China built these cities to keep their economy afloat. I speculate they are cities where millions of refugees can go to.

The united States is not going to bomb a ghost city. If a current city is disrupted and no longer liveable, just move the population to a ghost city and resume normal life.

On point one, while the Russians may have 'agreed' to dismantle more of their warheads, evidence suggests they are in a build-up just like the Chinese. Now it is hard to say if the build up is in response to a perceived threat from China or if it is coordinated with China against the US. But any way you slice it the Russians are arming up, not down.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/1/inside-the-ring-russia-builds-up-us-down/?page=all

"Russia also announced last month that it has launched a new research-and-development program for a modernized rail-mobile ICBM. Russia’s Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov told RIA Novosti April 23 that work on this rail-based missile is in the early stages and could be deployed by 2020.Russia, during the Soviet era, was the first to deploy a rail-mobile nuclear missile system known as the SS-24.
The rail-based missile is being developed by Russia’s Moscow Institute of Thermal, which also is building the new Bulava submarine-launched ballistic missiles, as well as existing land-based Topol ICBMs.
The rail-mobile ICBMs were prohibited under earlier versions of the U.S.-Russia START treaties. However, the 2010 New START treaty did not prohibit rail-mobile basing of missiles, and Moscow is taking advantage of the omission.
In addition to the new strategic missiles, Russia is building a new strategic bomber that is expected to be deployed by 2020."

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
"Instead, American factories have seized upon complex and expensive goods requiring specialized labor: industrial lathes, computer chips, fighter jets, health care products."

I am going to explain something to you, this comes from 14 years working in the industrial field. There are certain jobs that can not be outsourced to china. And I am going to explain why.

In refineries there are these things called towers, boilers, heat exchangers, pumps,,,, and various other critical parts.

In 1990 Citgo in Lake Charles had a heat exchanger go down in their gasoline unit. Every hour that unit was down cost the company $100,000. The exchanger was pulled out of service, sent to Ohmstede in sulphur for repair.

We worked on that exchanger 12 hours a day 7 days a week until it was fixed. The whole time there was a citgo employee watching our progress.

It is simply impossible to take the exchanger out and send it thousands of miles away to be worked on. We were right around the corner from the refinery so we got the job.

However, that does not mean the steel was refined here in the US. At that time lot of the steel we used came from south Africa.

Just because we lead china in industrial production does not mean necessary parts are not coming from china. The parts inside a phosegene pump may have come from china, the parts used to repair a truck that transported something to the refinery was made in china.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2013
One of the main reasons Germany was defeated in WW II, the United States and Russia produced more tanks, planes, ships and guns than Germany did. We had the resources where Germany did not.

Now the rolls have been reversed, China is outproducing the US.

The US spends 39% of all money spent on military expenditures in the world. China spends 9.5%

The US spends more money on it's military than the 10 next countries combined.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

Now, what the heck are you worried about again?

And for some further education:

http://www.globalfirepower.com/

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
The robustness of the Chinese economy should provide comfort to us all. Our problems are evidently too hard to solve and we need every lender that's willing.

Nov 25, 2013
We can not plant those fields without machinery, the vast majority of farm equipment is made in Eastern Europe, mainly Poland.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

John Deere:

"Deere & Company, commonly known by its brand name John Deere, is an American corporation based in Moline, Illinois, and one of the largest manufacturers of agricultural machinery in the world. In 2012, it was listed as 97th in the Fortune 500 America's ranking and 348th in the Fortune Global 500 ranking.[3]

Deere and Company agricultural products, sold under the John Deere name, include tractors, combine harvesters, cotton harvesters, balers, planters/seeders, sprayers, and UTVs. The company is also a manufacturer of construction equipment and forestry equipment, as well as a supplier of diesel engines and drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment. Additionally, John Deere manufactures equipment used in lawn, grounds, and turf care, such as walk-behind lawn mowers, zero-turn lawn mowers, lawn tractors, and snowthrowers. To support the core businesses, John Deere also provides financial services and other related activities."

Note: Not a single plant in Eastern Europe. Most are in the US.

"Major North American factories include:

Other important factories:

• John Deere Usine Saran (Power Systems) Fleury-les-Aubrais, France
  • John Deere Argentina (engines, tractors and combine harvesters) Granadero Baigorria, Santa Fe, Argentina
  • John Deere Equipment Pvt Ltd (5000-series tractors) Pune, India
  • John Deere Werke Mannheim (6000-series tractors) Mannheim, Germany
  • John Deere Werke Zweibrücken (harvesting equipment) Zweibrücken, Germany
  • John Deere Fabriek Horst (pulled & self-propelled agricultural sprayers) Horst, The Netherlands
  • John Deere Forestry Oy (forwarders, wheeled harvesters) Joensuu, Finland
  • John Deere Reman[7] remanufacturing components for off-highway vehicles: facilities in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (cylinders, axles, transmissions, pumps, hydraulic and powertrain components) and Springfield, Missouri, USA (engines, fuel systems, turbochargers).
  • Sabo (consumer and commercial lawn equipment) Gummersbach, Germany"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Deere#Factories

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
Does china production value really matter if most of it is paid for, requested by, and consumed by the US?

:mindblown:

I've had a hard time buying USA Made products, but usually I will.

When I bought a cast iron pan from lodge and dutch oven, I chose the USA Made versions, not the Chinese made porcelain enamled versions. Even though I would have really liked a larger porcelain model...it wasn't much of a concession and I'd rather support the workers in kentucky or wherever they are.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Note: Not a single plant in Eastern Europe. Most are in the US.

You do not call Turkey and Poland Eastern Europe?

Poland is central europe, but oh well.

Technically turkey is a transcontinental country, with part in Europe and part in Asia.

As of 2006, Deere & Company employs approximately 49,000 people in 27 countries worldwide, including the United States, Australia, Turkey, Canada, United Kingdom, China, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, India, Poland, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Morocco and South Africa, among many others and is the largest agriculture machinery company in the world.

Inside the United States, the company's primary locations are its administrative center in Moline, Illinois and manufacturing factories in central and southeastern United States.

Does china production value really matter if most of it is paid for, requested by, and consumed by the US?

:mindblown:

We are not talking about consumption, we are talking about retooling for war.

One of the reasons why Germany lost was because it could not keep with the US and Russian production. We simply outproduced Germany.

Now the rolls are reversed. China is outproducing the US by a 2:1 margin.

Last edited:

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
OP: The US being the lone superpower ship has sailed. China is the new world superpower that controls all the money and manufacturing. It is rapidly modernizing and flexing its muscle in Asia as it continues to encroach on its neighbors territories. It has shown that it can build cruise missiles and has the ability to knock out satellites and they have ICBM technology capable of hitting the USA.

Now they are constructing fleets of warships and stealth jet fighters and I'm sure advanced drones aren't too far behind. They also have a very large population advantage and that population has a higher overall IQ than the average American. It's a done deal, every empire eventually fades away.

It's Asia's turn to dominate this next century.

owensdj

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2000
5150Joker that's what they said about the Soviet Union in the 1970's then about Japan in the 1980's.

HTFOff

Golden Member
Oct 3, 2013
We've been hearing about this new world power from the far east going back to the 80's. It's 2014 and china's lone carrier is a "certified pre-owned" piece of scrap metal from Ukraine.

They can not project power and will not be able to for decades.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

1. Do you realize how much larger the US arsenal is compared to the Chinese one? According to Wiki they have 240. A single Ohio Class SSBN can have up to 192. We have 18 Ohios currently active.

2. Who gives a flying fuck through a rolling donut what they "plan" to do. We can't even make them yet and China can't even make reliable military grade jet engines on their own, how long do you think it'll take China to perfect the metallurgy when we haven't even done so and our military budget is still many times theirs?

3. The ghost cities are in areas that don't have ghost factories and ghost infrastructure to get people there and ghost logistics to supply them. Your entire theory is bullshit.

You seem to believe everything you read and are very topical in everything you believe.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
OP: The US being the lone superpower ship has sailed. China is the new world superpower that controls all the money and manufacturing. It is rapidly modernizing and flexing its muscle in Asia as it continues to encroach on its neighbors territories. It has shown that it can build cruise missiles and has the ability to knock out satellites and they have ICBM technology capable of hitting the USA.

Now they are constructing fleets of warships and stealth jet fighters and I'm sure advanced drones aren't too far behind. They also have a very large population advantage and that population has a higher overall IQ than the average American. It's a done deal, every empire eventually fades away.

It's Asia's turn to dominate this next century.

Wow, they can build cruise missiles. Holy shit, they have caught up to the US in the 1960s. Knock out satellites? Wow, caught up to 1970s US.

Stealth fighters? Are you fucking kidding me? Their "Stealth fighter" is a fucking joke.

The population doesn't have a higher average IQ.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

Technically turkey is a transcontinental country, with part in Europe and part in Asia.

We are not talking about consumption, we are talking about retooling for war.

One of the reasons why Germany lost was because it could not keep with the US and Russian production. We simply outproduced Germany.

Now the rolls are reversed. China is outproducing the US by a 2:1 margin.

Germany lost for many reasons, many of them are not applicable to modern warfare, more of them not applicable to the US (or China).

The US wasn't very "tooled up" for war pre-WW2. How many shipyards were open very quickly? There wasn't a single Liberty Ship shipyard open before that program started. The people who populated the factories weren't engineers, nor were they even all that educated, they were just motivated.

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
Wow, they can build cruise missiles. Holy shit, they have caught up to the US in the 1960s. Knock out satellites? Wow, caught up to 1970s US.

Stealth fighters? Are you fucking kidding me? Their "Stealth fighter" is a fucking joke.

So you're a fighter jet expert and have tested the Chinese one?

The population doesn't have a higher average IQ.

It does according to these guys: http://www.photius.com/rankings/national_iq_scores_country_ranks.html

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
So you're a fighter jet expert and have tested the Chinese one?

It does according to these guys: http://www.photius.com/rankings/national_iq_scores_country_ranks.html

I don't need to be an aeronautical engineer to be able to understand that forward canards cause huge radar signatures. Everybody knows this.

ROFL - one study and probably a flawed one at that. I'll have to read into their sampling methodologies. And yes, I do have a psychology degree. Do you? If you don't you cannot opine on any of this.

Nor can you opine on anything in economics or finance, I have specialties there too.

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
I don't need to be an aeronautical engineer to be able to understand that forward canards cause huge radar signatures. Everybody knows this.

ROFL - one study and probably a flawed one at that. I'll have to read into their sampling methodologies. And yes, I do have a psychology degree. Do you? If you don't you cannot opine on any of this.

Nor can you opine on anything in economics or finance, I have specialties there too.

Should I be impressed by those degrees? I'm serious.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Should I be impressed by those degrees? I'm serious.

Can you opine on anything in this thread?

That seems to be the way you undercut debates "you can't opine on this because you aren't an expert". Since I am an expert in psychology, economics and finance, you can't really opine on anything in this thread.

Pretty stupid logic, eh?

Do you even know what a canard is? Or do you just take China State Media's word for it?

I am serious.

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
Can you opine on anything in this thread?

That seems to be the way you undercut debates "you can't opine on this because you aren't an expert". Since I am an expert in psychology, economics and finance, you can't really opine on anything in this thread.

Pretty stupid logic, eh?

Do you even know what a canard is? Or do you just take China State Media's word for it?

Did they discuss personal and emotional insecurites during your expert psychology degree curriculum? Seems you have it in spades, but what do I know, I'm not an "expert" on the subject and can't "opine" on the matter. You must have me confused with someone else, I don't toss around credentials nor have any inclination to do so.

Nov 25, 2013

There are no factories in either Poland or Turkey on that list of Deere factories.

I think at this point it's fair to ask for a citation regarding most agricultural machinery being made in Poland. So, citation please?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Did they discuss personal and emotional insecurites during your expert psychology degree curriculum? Seems you have it in spades, but what do I know, I'm not an "expert" on the subject and can't "opine" on the matter. You must have me confused with someone else, I don't toss around credentials nor have any inclination to do so.

Dude, you're the one who swallows china state medias bullshit whole like a cheap hooker deepthroating. Then you shit on any counter to your cud regurgitation by asking if others are "experts" and then have the gall to act butthurt when you're called on it. Stop being a whiny bitch.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
So you're a fighter jet expert

I am, and China has no idea how to build a jet engine. They currently buy their military engines from Russia. Although, GE did agree to put in a CF34-10A (commercial engine) final assembly plant there a few years back, but there isn't much you can learn from doing final assembly that you couldn't learn from doing engine overhaul.

Considering we give export licenses for everything, it is probably just a matter of time, though.