Childhood memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Moose

Diamond Member
May 12, 2009
Whats your earliest memory?

I can remember going to a water park or something for the first time.

JMapleton

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2008
My earliest vivid memory is my 4th birthday, when I received an NES. I disliked the game for the first few months because I sucked at it (as any 4 year old would) but eventually grew to enjoy playing it.

Kyanzes

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005
My very first memory is probably looking at a wall with a lot of cigarette boxes attached to it. I once asked my mother and she confirmed that we indeed had lived in a house that had that before I was 2.5 ys old. That's it. Other than that, some vague memories of looking at a fence made of stone. That's all.

ShadowOfMyself

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2006
Hmm around 3 year old I think in pre school, I remember how my dad used to take me there always and Id get all scared watching him leave haha

I only start to have lots of memories from 10+ years though

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Most of my memories are really tied to the beginning of kindergarten. I really only remember a few things before that, they're disjointed and I have no idea when they really happened. I guess it's because school gives you a timeframe to associate memories with, since your teachers/classrooms change every year. Course I still have problems remembering, it happens all the time where someone will say, "Do you remember when we did this?" and I have to respond, no, I have no recollection of that.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I remember being pushed in a stroller on vacation, as well as the hotel we stayed at. I was 18mos old at the time. I also have mental "photos" of of things and events from before I was 2. They're more like snapshots than movies though as far as completeness goes.

Arcadio

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2007
I remember playing around with the chickens in my backyard when I was about 3.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
A memory of letting my first dog out, by opening the front door, and letting her go outside without boundaries or supervision. I followed her and she went around the corner of our street and sidestreet and started chatting with another dog through the fence. I have no idea how old I was, pretty young, I want to say definitely younger than 4, perhaps 3.

Also around that same age, having a taxi regularly take me from my house to a specific "school", for speech therapy classes. I was slightly retarded because I didn't hear so well as a kid, so that made speech difficult. Definitely younger than 4, so though it was hardly a single day's event so I remember that due to the repetition of events.

DVad3r

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2005
I remember being pulled around in a sled in the winter when I was around 2 by my mom. I also remember watching Puff the Magic Dragon in German as I sat in the middle of my living room taking a shit in a porta potty, I was around 3. Ahhh the memories :)

Status
Not open for further replies.