Chewing Through . . .

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Intolerance

How can Sara Palin even think that any Constitutional Admendment should take away the rights of citizens?

The Constitutions is supposed to GIVE rights to people, and guarantee these freedoms -not strip them from the people.

When will the 'Right' learn that it'sd none of their business, and they are not supposed to discriminate because someone
looks, thinks, or acts diferently than the way that they think they should behave?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
No worries, it turns out that though Palin doesn't endorse human abortion she likes to abort campaigns; she is terminating McCain's chances and a clear factor in his current fall. Once we got to know her, we realized how awful she was, and instead of neck and neck McCain is now behind Obama's insurmountable lead :)

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Skoorb
No worries, it turns out that though Palin doesn't endorse human abortion she likes to abort campaigns; she is terminating McCain's chances and a clear factor in his current fall. Once we got to know her, we realized how awful she was, and instead of neck and neck McCain is now behind Obama's insurmountable lead :)

Are you implying McCain should have been pro-choice and aborted Palin? :p

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
Intolerance

How can Sara Palin even think that any Constitutional Admendment should take away the rights of citizens?

The Constitutions is supposed to GIVE rights to people, and guarantee these freedoms -not strip them from the people.

When will the 'Right' learn that it'sd none of their business, and they are not supposed to discriminate because someone
looks, thinks, or acts diferently than the way that they think they should behave?

Did palin say she wants to change the Constitution?

Or, are you just going off Ellen Degeneres's *paraphrasing* of Palin's position?

Federal law/Congressional bill != change in Constitution. That's not how a change in the Constitution is made.

Unless you can find Palin specifically mentioning a Constitutional change, your post about the "Constitution" is misplaced.

Fern

Feb 6, 2007
Originally posted by: Fern
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
Intolerance

Did palin say she wants to change the Constitution?

Or, are you just going off Ellen Degeneres's *paraphrasing* of Palin's position?

Federal law/Congressional bill != change in Constitution. That's not how a change in the Constitution is made.

Unless you can find Palin specifically mentioning a Constitutional change, your post about the "Constitution" is misplaced.

Fern

Here.

Brody: On Constitutional marriage amendment , are, are you for something like that?

Palin: I am, in my own, state, I have voted along with the vast majority of Alaskans who had the opportunity to vote to amend our Constitution defining marriage as between one man and one woman. I wish on a federal level that that's where we would go because I don't support gay marriage. I'm not going to be out there judging individuals, sitting in a seat of judgment telling what they can and can't do, should and should not do, but I certainly can express my own opinion here and take actions that I believe would be best for traditional marriage and that's casting my votes and speaking up for traditional marriage that, that instrument that it's the foundation of our society is that strong family and that's based on that traditional definition of marriage, so I do support that.