Cheney's Ties to Halliburton - Deferred Compensation Package Counts, Report Indicates

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
From the Washington Post. Although I heard reports of same on CNN, MSNBC and other major news outlets this morning.

Cheney's Ties to Halliburton

"By Mike Allen
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, September 26, 2003; Page A07

A Congressional Research Service report released yesterday concluded that federal ethics laws treat Vice President Cheney's annual deferred compensation checks and unexercised stock options as continuing financial interests in the Halliburton Co."

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Witch hunt?;)

I think so. Just more attempts at trying to demonize this Administration.

CkG

Do you know what the the Congressional Research Service does?

Congressional Research Service Reports

Hardly a witch hunt. That characterization is ludicrous. Just the facts.

Cheney's deferred compensation is a financial tie to Halliburton. Period.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Witch hunt?;)

CkG

Perpetrated by the liberal media right?

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
Witch hunt?;)

CkG

:D

Yeah sMiLeYz.

The liberal media at the Library of Congress. Bwahahahaha.

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
A Congressional Research Service report released yesterday concluded that federal ethics laws treat Vice President Cheney's annual deferred compensation checks and unexercised stock options as continuing financial interests in the Halliburton Co.
AND further down the same article
The report, from the law division of the congressional research arm of the Library of Congress, said deferred salary or compensation received from a private corporation -- as well as unexercised stock options -- may represent a continuing financial interest as defined by federal ethics laws. (emphasis added)
So WHICH IS IT?

BTW, since Cheney has purchased separate insurance that would pay him if Halliburton went bankrupt, isn't this just splitting hairs at this point?

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: BOBDN
Witch hunt?;)

CkG

Yeah sMiLeYz.

Typical right wing strategy. Ignore the evidence, attack the source even though there are no obvious bias.

I expected better from you CkG. :)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Witch hunt?;)

CkG

Yeah sMiLeYz.

Typical right wing strategy. Ignore the evidence, attack the source even though there are no obvious bias.

I attacked the source? what source? The Democrats who are obviously trying to use this as a political tool? Hmmm...it is quite obvious. open your eyes.

CkG

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
You know what? Cheney could order his blind trust shares, his deferment, and any other percieved connection to Halliburton - to be given away to charity and you people would still bitch and moan. You'd fight over which one he gave it to, or which "cause" he was favoring inspite or your pet "cause" who is obviously in need of the funds more than everyone else.

rolleye.gif
- you guys make me laugh:p

CkG

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Witch hunt?;)

CkG

Yeah sMiLeYz.

I attacked the source? what source? The Democrats who are obviously trying to use this as a political tool? Hmmm...it is quite obvious. open your eyes.

CkG

Yep, you attacked the source.

Witch hunt?

CkG

You better open your eyes.

You Bush supporters are starting to sound like Baghdad Bob.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Witch hunt?;)

CkG

Yeah sMiLeYz.

CkG

Witch hunt?

CkG

And is the source not the one who is the one doing the witch hunting?;) I didn't deny attacking them, reading is FUNduhMENTAL - I just found it funny that he was saying that calling it a witch hunt an "attack". I guess next time someone(BOBDN) brings up "witch hunting"...*cough*Clinton*Cough* - I can just dismiss them because they are just attacking the source;)

Actually BOBDN - sounds alot more like BDB(BaghDad Bob) than CkG does:p:D

CkG

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Witch hunt?;)

CkG

Yeah sMiLeYz.

CkG

Witch hunt?

CkG

And is the source not the one who is the one doing the witch hunting?;) I didn't deny attacking them, reading is FUNduhMENTAL - I just found it funny that he was saying that calling it a witch hunt an "attack". I guess next time someone(BOBDN) brings up "witch hunting"...*cough*Clinton*Cough* - I can just dismiss them because they are just attacking the source;)

Actually BOBDN - sounds alot more like BDB(BaghDad Bob) than CkG does:p:D

CkG

Thank you for wearing your hypocrisy on your sleeve.

Keep backpedalling. Be careful not to trip and fall.

You might wind up collecting SS disability benefits.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
PS

Bottom line. Cheney has financial ties with Halliburton. The company he headed for five years. The company whose KBR subsidiary conducted the study they implemented UNDER CHENEY'S DIRECTION AS SECRETARY OF DEFENCE which made it possible for Halliburton to profiteer from the Bush administration's unnecessary invasion of Iraq.

Sad state of affairs when "leaders" can get away with such crimes. Sadder still there are people making excuses for them and giving them support when in reality they all belong in jail cells.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

No hypocracy or backpedalling here. The Democrats are stirring this witch pot for solely political purposes. They whined before the election so he put things in blind trusts and such - now they whine because he did the very thing they said he had to do - get rid of the conflict of interest. They were "happy" for 2-3 years - why now? Election? I think so;)

Stay blind my freind stay dumb - they need you that way.

CkG

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

No hypocracy or backpedalling here. The Democrats are stirring this witch pot for solely political purposes. They whined before the election so he put things in blind trusts and such - now they whine because he did the very thing they said he had to do - get rid of the conflict of interest. They were "happy" for 2-3 years - why now? Election? I think so;)

CkG

Start a war for no damn reason. Profit from the war.

Disgusting.

If I'm blind and dumb you're completely headless.

Democrats didn't just come up with this. They've been saying it since the scandal began. Back when Halliburton was given the no bid contracts in Iraq.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Hell, I've been claiming this for years. It doesn't matter if it's deferred payment, it doesn't matter if the money is coming no matter what and it doesn't matter if Cheney has an insurance policy to cover his precious payments. Fact is, Cheney gets paid by Halliburton. Money goes from Halliburton's account into Cheney's pocket. That's a financial tie if I ever saw one. "But, but, but..." Spin away Bushies. :)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Hell, I've been claiming this for years. It doesn't matter if it's deferred payment, it doesn't matter if the money is coming no matter what and it doesn't matter if Cheney has an insurance policy to cover his precious payments. Fact is, Cheney gets paid by Halliburton. Money goes from Halliburton's account into Cheney's pocket. That's a financial tie if I ever saw one. "But, but, but..." Spin away Bushies. :)

You're doing a fine job of spinning yourself....

Care to dance?:Q :p

CkG

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

CkG

We'll all continue dancing on one condition.

You don't get to lead any more.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Now that the Congressional Research Service has determined that Cheney has financial links to Halliburton, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lawsuit against him for federal ethics violations... How many lawsuits can the VP rack-up over a 4-year term? Wait for it. Wait for it. "As many as Clinton?" Duh.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

CkG

Disgusting.

Democrats didn't just come up with this. They've been saying it since the scandal began. Back when Halliburton was given the no bid contracts in Iraq.

What about the no-bid contracts Halliburton was awarded during the Clinton administration?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

We'll all continue dancing on one condition.

You don't get to lead any more.

Umm... DealMonkey can dance(like a monkey:p) but you are FAR from being able to dance. I think that having 2 left feet could be part of your problem.;)

CkG

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
Originally posted by: alchemize

CkG

Disgusting.

What about the no-bid contracts Halliburton was awarded during the Clinton administration?

what about them? all this proves to me is that he had cronies in the pentagon when he was CEO of Halliburton. you know it, i know it, everyone here knows it. whats your point then? once a crook, always a crook?