Cheez moved out to wilderness, then got free housing, & going back to Wilderness

Page 60 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Cheez's latest video should be rated 18+ on YouTube. ;)

Thankfully I could only stand about 30 seconds of his video, so I left before any licking/mounting/penetration occurred. :oops:

I lasted 23 sec. And while the bike looks nice, I hope he didn't pay much as it's about 25 years old. I sold them back in the '90's.

Reactions: Captante

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I watched an episode of Hoarders earlier today, and the lady reminded me of Cheez (she believes there are multiple demons in her house, so she moved into a domestic violence shelter with her three kids for 2 months). Sad because those kids don't have much of a chance to live any kind of normal life.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I can almost sympathize with hoarders, I think it's a mix of loneliness, depression and everything having a sentimental value, but also a lack of will power to clean/organize anything and it snowballs into not even wanting to throw out actual trash. When I had depression it took a lot of effort for me to tidy up. I never let it get super bad, but I can see how some people would. In my case I just shove everything in the basement, mostly empty boxes from online orders etc. When depressed you just like to order stuff online lol.

I think Cheez has that same issue with impulse buying, he buys stuff that is not really needed or that he already has, when instead he could improve his situation. Like if I were him I would have bought a small solar setup before a bike or new wood stove. I imagine in the states it must be easier to buy that stuff than it is here, can probably have a usable setup for under $500 which is less than what he spent on lot of the useless stuff he bought.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
I'm not quite a hoarder, but I do keep too much stuff (lol). It always seems like the week after I throw something away, I find a use for it.

Granted I'm extremely adept at fabricating and repairing things, and I have semi-orderly piles in an unfinished basement next to a workshop, not strewn all over the place.

Cheez though, can't be much of a hoarder when he doesn't even have enough space to do it. If he started keeping old newpapers or something, I'd figure they're useful rolled up tight to burn in his fancy new stove, but yeah, hoarding can be a manifestation of OCD and other mental illness.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
... or "When he dies, I hope the door is left open... or else... I'll have to eat him."

Last edited:
Reactions: Captante

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
This will change, and soon. It's Cheez. The cat will start talking to him in English and will prove to be either Jesus or Trump.
Or the cat protects from little demon creatures who try to suck out his soul while he sleeps (Cat's Eye). :p

tumblr_pcftqoJ1JV1x6m6njo1_400.gifv

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

bguile

Nov 30, 2011
i thought he already had some video where railroad guys came to kick him out, yet he managed to stay

The cops came and the railroad people too. Neither really wanted to bother with him. Guessing with COVID and the general craziness in 2020, it's just easier for everyone to let him be for now.

Some group called Elanco is talking about putting up office space on the land the factory is on. Sounds like it will happen, but you never know. Don't think it will include the part cheez is squatting on, but eventually he will get chased out of there. Or the local fire department will use his shack as a training exercise.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Thank God we finally found our missing Leader!
We have been searching the known galaxy for our Commander of Chief -- King Cheez!! All hail King Cheez!
The homing beacon on the Royal spacecraft malfunctioned. It gave us the wrong GPS ( Galactic Positioning Sensor) heading!
Fortunately our fearless leader King Cheez set about educating you humans on being one with nature and God!!
All King Cheez!! Long live King Cheez!

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Cheese is a more responsible pet owner than the person who let this cat get that fat.

Maybe... or is it just a case of limited income to buy more cat food? Winter in that area being an exception, I'd be inclined to let the cat use its instincts to find food in the woods. Unless it's too domesticated to know what to do with animals caught.

I don't mean only depend on the woods to feed it, gotta have cat food as a backup, but give it some independence and practice hunting that it may eventually need considering the volatile living arrangement.

Reactions: Perknose