Check out this website and let me know what you think of it...

Do you think arrest information should be so easily accessible

• Hell yeh, serves the perps right

• No, they should have their day in court first

• The flouride in the drinking water will eventually make us all behave.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
http://ccc.nashville.gov/portal/page/portal/ccc/crimeMap/

This is a graphical listing of everyone arrested in Davidson County (Metro Nashville) the last 7 days. This is not where the crime occurred, but where the person lives. On one hand it can be a deterrent. One the other hand, do you feel these people are being tagged as guilty? These are just arrests that are booked and given a court date. If one of these defendants were found not guilty, received an expungement, and still have their arrest record cached online forever.

This information has always been public, but never so easily accessible. I can see which ladies were busted for prostitution, which people were busted for blow, visit both and .... j/k It even ties in with google maps so I can zoom in on the peoples houses.

Just curious.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Should brand them with a C on their foreheads as soon as they're arrested too so everyone knows they're probably a criminal! Who cares if they're guilty or not!

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Should brand them with a C on their foreheads as soon as they're arrested too so everyone knows they're probably a criminal! Who cares if they're guilty or not!
This. Innocent until proven guilty was a great concept until we punted it away in the name of "security," among other things. Now it's just a fond memory.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
If I am arrested for something whether I did it or not I would prefer that it all is part of the public record accesible by anyone. It has nothing to do with "serving the perp right" and everything to do with open and transparent justice. I much prefer some temporary inconvenience and embarrassment over government being allowed to arrest me in secrecy.

Last edited:

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
If Davidson County were to also maintain a corresponding "Charges Dropped" and "Found Not Guilty" website, I might be more supportive of the "Arrested" concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.