Check out this Monster Pig

joejld1

Oct 25, 2003
Monster Pig

======================

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - Hogzilla is being made into a horror movie. But the sequel may be even bigger: Meet Monster Pig. An 11-year-old Alabama boy used a pistol to kill a wild hog his father says weighed a staggering 1,051 pounds and measured 9-feet-4 from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail. Think hams as big as car tires.

If the claims are accurate, Jamison Stone's trophy boar would be bigger than Hogzilla, the famed wild hog that grew to seemingly mythical proportions after being killed in south Georgia in 2004.

Hogzilla originally was thought to weigh 1,000 pounds and measure 12 feet in length. National Geographic experts who unearthed its remains believe the animal actually weighed about 800 pounds and was 8 feet long.

Regardless of the comparison, Jamison is reveling in the attention over his pig, which has a Web site put up by his father?http://www.monsterpig.com ?that is generating Internet buzz.

"It feels really good," Jamison, of Pickensville, said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "It's a good accomplishment. I probably won't ever kill anything else that big."

Jamison, who killed his first deer at age 5, was hunting with father Mike Stone and two guides in east Alabama on May 3 when he bagged Hogzilla II. He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50- caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot.

Through it all there was the fear that the animal would turn and charge them, as wild boars have a reputation of doing.

"I was a little bit scared, a little bit excited," said Jamison, who just finished the sixth grade on the honor roll at Christian Heritage Academy, a small, private school.

His father said that, just to be extra safe, he and the guides had high-powered rifles aimed and ready to fire in case the beast with 5- inch tusks decided to charge.

With the pig finally dead in a creek bed on the 2,500-acre Lost Creek Plantation, a commercial hunting preserve in Delta, trees had to be cut down and a backhoe brought in to bring Jamison's prize out of the woods.

It was hauled on a truck to the Clay County Farmers Exchange in Lineville, where Jeff Kinder said they used his scale, which was recently calibrated, to weigh the hog.

Kinder, who didn't witness the weigh-in, said he was baffled to hear the reported weight of 1,051 pounds because his scale?an old, manual style with sliding weights?only measures to the nearest 10.

"I didn't quite understand that," he said.

Mike Stone said the scale balanced one notch past the 1,050-pound mark, and he thought it meant a weight of 1,051 pounds.

"It probably weighed 1,060 pounds. We were just afraid to change it once the story was out," he said.

The hog's head is now being mounted on an extra-large foam form by Jerry Cunningham of Jerry's Taxidermy in Oxford. Cunningham said the animal measured 54 inches around the head, 74 inches around the shoulders and 11 inches from the eyes to the end of its snout.

"It's huge," he said. "It's just the biggest thing I've ever seen."

Mike Stone is having sausage made from the rest of the animal. "We'll probably get 500 to 700 pounds," he said.

Jamison, meanwhile, has been offered a small part in "The Legend of Hogzilla," a small-time horror flick based on the tale of the Georgia boar. The movie is holding casting calls with plans to begin filming in Georgia.

Jamison is enjoying the newfound celebrity generated by the hog hunt, but he said he prefers hunting pheasants to monster pigs.

"They are a little less dangerous."

=========================

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Wow, that's huge. I'd love to get some of that shoulder/butt meat for pulled pork.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
I think the angle makes it looks a hell of alot bigger than it is, plus the kid is standing about 20 feet behind it. also 11 years old and shooting a .50 caliber, doesn't look to be black powder or a desert eagle, must be that s&w 500?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
yeah that picture is BS compared to the measurements given of 9-feet-4
That kid would have to be about 2ft tall to have that pig in the picture be 9-feet-4.
I'm not arguing the measurements aren't right but that picture is doctored or taken in a mischievous manner

Greyd

Platinum Member
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: KK
I think the angle makes it looks a hell of alot bigger than it is, plus the kid is standing about 20 feet behind it. also 11 years old and shooting a .50 caliber, doesn't look to be black powder or a desert eagle, must be that s&w 500?

which pic are you looking at?

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Greyd

the main one on that page.

Greyd

Platinum Member
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Greyd

the main one on that page.

monsterpig.com or the news article. Cause the news article link looks pretty legit.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
monsterpig.com or the news article. Cause the news article link looks pretty legit.

no it doesn't article says "9ft 4inches" If thats right then that kid in the picture would have to be about 2ft tall in comparison. That picture is way out of scale according the measurements given

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
You guys questioning the picture are making some silly accusations. If you've ever been next to a bull or cow or horse you will understand how large animals can be.

As for the picture there is no way he is 20 feet behind the hog. If you look at the background in relation with the tree it all seems to jive.
Remember 9 feet is quite a bit though it may not look like a lot if you just have a measuring tape, but when it's in relation to something material, it will seem much larger. Take for example 9' ceilings in many newer houses, they look much taller than they actually are. Or bridge underpasses that are only 12', but they look like 20' when you stand there. The picture may make it look a bit larger, but I don't think it's doctored at all. It's just a huge ****** hog!

FleshLight

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Homerboy

no it doesn't article says "9ft 4inches" If thats right then that kid in the picture would have to be about 2ft tall in comparison. That picture is way out of scale according the measurements given

He's leaning on the pig...

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: FleshLight

It looks like he's leaning on his knee, which is propped up on something else behind the pig, like a stump or rock or something.

Mr. Lennon

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Dumb redneck had to kill it. Would of been alot smarter to tranq the thing and use him for shows.

Greyd

Platinum Member
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: SampSon
Originally posted by: FleshLight

It looks like he's leaning on his knee, which is propped up on something else behind the pig, like a stump or rock or something.

that's what i thought

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: Zeppelin2282
Dumb redneck had to kill it. Would of been alot smarter to tranq the thing and use him for shows.
Haven't you ever watched King Kong?

Greyd

Platinum Member
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Zeppelin2282

oooooo that woulda been a good idea. But can you imagine the amount of tranqs needed for that?

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Holy fsck. :shocked:

That kid has more balls than I. Gun or not, If I saw something like that.. I'm going in the opposite direction.. Rapidly.

:p