Check out these new gorgeous Compaq laptops

bjc112

Lifer
Dec 23, 2000
those are sweet.. but COMPAQ SUCKS in my opinion.. i have had bad expierencees with them! :)

IcemanJer

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2001
Well, Compaq's the only company that's shipping Athlon4 right now tho.. I think..

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
they have always had REALLY nice looking laptops. Now, it their PC looked half as good, I would recommend them to people :)

Sunner

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
If it has the same quality as the Armada series, it looks like one mighty nice laptop.

Dont judge all their stuff by their Prosignia series, the Armada's are very good.

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Most innovative thing I've seen in a long time. For me it'd be great. I go to college on the weekdays, and go home on weekends. I could use a psuedo desktop during the keep, and an easily portable laptop on the weekends. Incredible. Once someone decides to make a cardbus 3d accelerator, I'll be in heaven.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
KUDOs to compaq for innovative thinking.

i bet most of these "compaq sux" people didn't even bother to look at the link.

its like all these AMD SUX and INTEL SUX we been gettin around here lately.

I think anyone who doesn't encourage companies to continue with this kind of innovative thinking just isn't very interested in hardware.

anime

Jan 24, 2000
prolly why they said compaq sux is coz compaq system always pre-loaded crap that lagged the system. Otherwise it is quite a good system imho.

nortexoid

Diamond Member
May 1, 2000
sweet...the vaio slim-line is sick as hell too...i rate them as aesthetically appealing as the titanium g4s.

Smbu

Platinum Member
Jul 13, 2000
Well, design 1 looks like the Armada line of laptops and design 2 looks like their Presario line of laptops.

KpocAlypse

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2001
Nice, I never had a problem with my compaq.(old 1900 series, in rigs). So i'd say these are a pretty good lineup of laps. Call me crazy, but i kinda liked the new apple ones too...Much better than their Fishbowls, imean, desktops..

William

May 18, 2001
They're more modern looking, less 1989 looking. I like the new look, since they're pretty much breaking away from most of the market.

junthin

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
The Compaq laptops look very nice. I especially like design 1. ;) It'll be great for the college students or traveling business people. ;)

As for:

<< damn thos Compaqs are ugly as hell and knowing compaq they will probably suck hard.
and the vaios are bulky pieces of sh!t.

if you want a real laptop look here:
http://www.dynamism.com/pj140/index.shtml
that is a real goddamn laptop.
personally i'm waiting for their newest one:
http://www.sharp.co.jp/mebius/index.html
>>

Your links to the sharp laptops look exactly like the Sony Vaio Superslim series. About the only difference is the color of the casing. ;) But I guess it's all brand preference. ;)