Check out my dads 2nd motorcycle

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jemcam

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: bR
Originally posted by: jemcam
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Looks like something a clown would ride! Goofy!

"YOU ARE SO DUMB MY CAT IS CRYING" to quote your sig.

I could have said it better, but it seems that someone has already tried to bore this into your head. That is what a motorcycle is really supposed to look like, not that rice rockets that are ridden by punks wearing shorts, tee shirts, and flip flops. At least most of them buy expensive helmets so as to preserve their head for the funeral.

Way to generalize... people wearing shorts, tanktops, and flip flops are idiots for sure... but people who ride sport bikes arent all assholes like you're implying.

You're right, I'm generalizing, and I need to apologize to those responsible riders who wear good safety equipment and drive safely, I am glad for them to be able to enjoy a nice ride and have pride in their bikes. It's the rich high school kids that have 4 or 5 hundred dollar helmet with matching paint job but then wear the flimsiest of clothes to ride a high powered bike that ruin it for everyone.

I've been to many, many bike weeks during the 30 years I spent in FL, and even went to sturgis once. You saw the BMW riders, the tourers like the goldwings, the gang riders, the "HOG" riders, the 1%'er, etc. of the groups I just mentioned, the rice rockets got the least respect from their fellow biker bretheren because they act like such idiots.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002

I could have said it better, but it seems that someone has already tried to bore this into your head. That is what a motorcycle is really supposed to look like, not that rice rockets that are ridden by punks wearing shorts, tee shirts, and flip flops. At least most of them buy expensive helmets so as to preserve their head for the funeral.

Way to generalize... people wearing shorts, tanktops, and flip flops are idiots for sure... but people who ride sport bikes arent all assholes like you're implying.

You're right, I'm generalizing, and I need to apologize to those responsible riders who wear good safety equipment and drive safely, I am glad for them to be able to enjoy a nice ride and have pride in their bikes. It's the rich high school kids that have 4 or 5 hundred dollar helmet with matching paint job but then wear the flimsiest of clothes to ride a high powered bike that ruin it for everyone.

I've been to many, many bike weeks during the 30 years I spent in FL, and even went to sturgis once. You saw the BMW riders, the tourers like the goldwings, the gang riders, the "HOG" riders, the 1%'er, etc. of the groups I just mentioned, the rice rockets got the least respect from their fellow biker bretheren because they act like such idiots.

Harleys and other cruisers don't look goofy. This bike does. It's the motorcycle equivalent of a lowrider or a ricer. Riding around with your arms in the air, you look like a DOPEY FOOL. So, it's a bike for middle aged men who want to look foolish.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001

I dont respect those guys either... and now that spring is here theyre coming out in force. A rider in tanktops was beside me on a red light today... couple of girls on the side by the bus stop... he revs his bike and i dunno what he was doing but he was flexing or something. :confused: WTF is up with that... but anyway... i agree wholeheartedly that the obnoxious riders... and most of them are on high powered bikes ruin it for everybody else.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
I would like to add that I almost never see a guy on a Harley or Indian wearing a helmet. If he is wearing a helmet, it's a little clamshell, and his "old lady" is NOT wearing one. Disgusting.

GalvanizedYankee

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2003
Originally posted by: JBT
Dad just went into business building custom bikes check out his 2nd creation.

http://www.jbooth.net/pub/Chopper/

Hes bringing it to Daytona bike week next weekend.

Looks good ! I wish his enterprise well.

I've ridden bikes most of my life but never had a cruiser, mostly sport & touring rigs.

This chopper craze just keeps growing, the motorcycle press has been suprised its lasted so long.

I was at West Coast Choppers web page yesterday and they have a store in Germany now.

:cool: