Check out my dads 2nd motorcycle

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Nice work.

How much is he charging per chopper? How long does each one take to build? How many employees?

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
It really depends on how much it took to build for example a kit bike is maybe 25K or so build that one is pretty much all custom stuff so 50 K wouldn't be out of line. Right now its just him and his friend who does the paint work that took them maybe 4 months or so? They left that just plan candy apple so that when someone does buy it they can choose what to put on it since it is suppose to be custom and all. =)

Emrys

Golden Member
Jul 5, 2002
Looks really nice. Enjoy Daytona if you have the chance to go.

Oh yea, how much of the fabrication does your dad do?

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
He does quite a bit he has done alot of CNC machining through out his life so hes pretty good at it. He also shapes quite a bit of the individual peices.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Good looking bike. But 4 monthes??? It only takes the people on TV 2 or 3 hours to make one. :D

KK

PowerEngineer

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2001
Really sharp!

With a little luck, you too can become TV starts on the Discovery Channel. Are you the next "Mikey"? j/k...

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Originally posted by: KK
Good looking bike. But 4 monthes??? It only takes the people on TV 2 or 3 hours to make one. :D

KK

ha tue but this is only his 2nd not hundredth it may have been shorter I don't get home to often and money is an object.

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Well I don't know the exact numbers so I can't really say. They are just starting up and he is starting to look for more employees, He only had himself and his friend this past first year, so I would guess its starting to get going.

jemcam

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Looks like something a clown would ride! Goofy!

"YOU ARE SO DUMB MY CAT IS CRYING" to quote your sig.

I could have said it better, but it seems that someone has already tried to bore this into your head. That is what a motorcycle is really supposed to look like, not that rice rockets that are ridden by punks wearing shorts, tee shirts, and flip flops. At least most of them buy expensive helmets so as to preserve their head for the funeral.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Originally posted by: jemcam
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Looks like something a clown would ride! Goofy!

"YOU ARE SO DUMB MY CAT IS CRYING" to quote your sig.

I could have said it better, but it seems that someone has already tried to bore this into your head. That is what a motorcycle is really supposed to look like, not that rice rockets that are ridden by punks wearing shorts, tee shirts, and flip flops. At least most of them buy expensive helmets so as to preserve their head for the funeral.

Way to generalize... people wearing shorts, tanktops, and flip flops are idiots for sure... but people who ride sport bikes arent all assholes like you're implying.