Cheapest price for WoW + expansion?

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
The writing's on the wall, play a rogue or warlock, or don't PvP. I dont' feel like putting 4 viable 60+ characters on the shelf, so I'm going to sell them and start a new account. Newegg has WoW for $20 and TBC for $40 - is there a battlechest out there with both for under $40?

Zbox

Aug 29, 2003
yea... the battlechest is due in a month and is supposed to list for $40

ps: roll a rogue, so you can come back and apologize for your nonsensical ramblings.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Ugh october? I guess it'll give me time to get some headstart money to transfer with a friend's help...

ps: roll a rogue, so you can come back and apologize for your nonsensical ramblings.
I intend to. After getting my mage to 70 and seeing rogues are every bit as overpowered as they were vs. my shaman, it should be a lot of fun being a God. Unlike other rogues though, I'll stick to the 8 classes I can slaughter, instead of falling into the trap of attacking warriors and then crying nerf because I can't beat them.

However, I do plan to make a warlock my main, as I enjoy PvE as well. But I'll definitely get that rogue alt to 70.

se7en

Platinum Member
Oct 23, 2002
pve stick with lock.

pvp either lock or rogue.

Grass is always greener on the other side :beer:

Rogues can kill warriors too pretty easily the margin for error is just so small. Only downside to rogue is there are 5million and finding a group for pve sucks sometimes.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
check go gamer. i think i saw the expansion for $29.99 and the regular version for $10 the other day. i may be wrong, but they usually have good prices.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: se7en
pve stick with lock.

pvp either lock or rogue.

Grass is always greener on the other side :beer:

Rogues can kill warriors too pretty easily the margin for error is just so small. Only downside to rogue is there are 5million and finding a group for pve sucks sometimes.

I'm planning on both, a warlock main to pve / pvp / raid with and a 70 rogue alt to slaughter all I come across in pvp and not do much pve with. I'll probably make a 39 hunter too, a friend of mine from another server made a 39 twink on my server. Guild will be <Writing on the Wall> ;)

"Grass is greener" doesn't apply, I've had the Rogue Experience (eg. getting it up the ass) playing more than one class. Much like warlocks, what's so overpowered about them is the fact they can damage you while CCing you, and they have a hundred and one tricks up their sleeve. Even the game's developers, and most rogues and warlocks, will admit they're overpowered 1v1 and in small group combat. Problem is, 1v1 / small group combat comprises 95% of WoW PvP. Much like the .001% of raiders for whom 99% of new content is made for, however, PvP is balanced for a similarly small group of people who only do organized group PvP. And that's not going to change. Hence, my decision.