Cheapest place to purchase Windows 10 pro license?

baydude

Sep 13, 2011
Where is the cheapest place that’s legit to purchase a new product license key for Windows 10 pro?

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Where is the cheapest place that’s legit to purchase a new product license key for Windows 10 pro?

At a place like Newegg or Amazon, or any other legit retailer.

Any other place that sells the keys for 1/4th the price of these are either selling grey market keys that skirt around the license agreement, or sometimes even illegitimate keys that will eventually be flagged and deactivated.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Amazon had a slighty better price than Newegg when a purchased a couple copies of Pro last month, but they all stay pretty close.

OlyAR15

Oct 23, 2014
Microsoft store. Even Newegg and Amazon, you have to be careful you are buying directly from them and not a 3rd party. Too easy to get scammed, not worth trying to save a few bucks.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
If it's too good (cheap) to be true. Sadly, it probably is. Ebay has to be the worst place. Not saying they are all "NOT" legit, but how would you know?

What happens when MS flags your key? Do they give you 15 days to buy a real key?

One option that may be worth exploring? Finding a window 7 ultimate key, then use that to upgrade to windows 10, that's what I did a few months back.

Good luck!

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
If it's too good (cheap) to be true. Sadly, it probably is. Ebay has to be the worst place. Not saying they are all "NOT" legit, but how would you know?

What happens when MS flags your key? Do they give you 15 days to buy a real key?

One option that may be worth exploring? Finding a window 7 ultimate key, then use that to upgrade to windows 10, that's what I did a few months back.

Good luck!

It is legal to buy re-purposed keys on ebay if your located in the UK + EU.
This has been discussed a couple times, and there are court rulings which states its legal and vendors must honor keys.
So if your located in the UK + EU, by all means, find a UK vendor and get a re-purposed key.

Proof:
https://www.computerworld.com/artic...oftware-licenses-is-legal----even-online.html

It is the gray market if your located in the US.
Meaning, Microsoft can and may deactivate the keys at any time at their digression.
I know if its a MSDN key, that is illegal, but again, if its a UK Vendor buying a UK key and then activating it in the US, to me honestly is the Gray zone... Microsoft can easily region lock these keys, like how steam does, yet they don't, so again, Completely Gray Zone.

Buying a re-purposed key from a USA seller is straight up illegal.
Those you will see get their accounts terminated on ebay.