Cheaper long distance calls

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Hey guys I live at home with my dad but call my g/f who is about 100 miles away a couple times a week and need to quit making those calls that show up on the phone bill. I could buy one of those phone cards at walmart, but as i recall there was a nice website that some of you recommened once that provided a similar service but was cheaper? Any suggestions?
thanks

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Why can't you just get a $0.05/minute program & make the calls? Does your dad not want you calling her? My parents know that every month I'm going to have $100 - $200 in long distance calls, & they don't care. Because I pay them.

Viper GTS

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Dialpad

Also, the cheapest phone card's I've seen(that are legit) are from Sam's club.

You can nab a 750 minute phone card for about 50 bucks I think. I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think it goes for about $.07 or $.08 a minute.

[Edit]This new linking method sucks :|

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
Viper, dads already got a phone programs he likes that fits his needs so mine are unimportant ;) hehe

I thought about dialpad but the quality on my 28.8 is pretty bad, I like the convenience of the phone though. I'll have to check out sams club next time I'm over there though, any other good ones?

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Dialpad = conversation lag

Plus, given the choice between talking sitting in my office chair, or laying covered up in my water bed... Hmm... Hard choice.

It's well worth the cost for the convenience & comfort of simply picking up my phone & hitting re-dial.

;)

Viper GTS

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Even on a not so great calling plan you should be able to get 7 cents a minute. That's what mine is on my own line, simply because I'm too lazy to get my dad to call & change to a 5 cent plan. You can do a lot of calling for not much money at 7 cents a minute.

Viper GTS