Cheap Link Depot 2-pack HDMI (1.4) 6' cables $3.59 / pair AP ($5.99 - 40%) @ Newegg

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
86-602-001-Z01.jpg

Link Depot HS-6-2P 6 ft. Black HDMI High Speed Cable with Ethernet - Type A to Type A Male to Male - 2-pack $5.99

+ 40% off w/ promo code 7AGABX22, limited offer

These are 2-packs, for $5.99, but take 40% off of that price with the promo code.

There is shipping, but if you buy enough of them ($25.00 worth or more, at pre-promo price), then the shipping is free.

Not too bad. It's been fairly hard to get really-cheap HDMI cables to include for free with builds lately, and I was basically all out.

N.B. After reading the description, these are only HDMI 1.4-certified cables. Be aware.

Note that this is the SAME promo code as the 18" Red right-angle SATA and the 18" straight silver SATA cables, if you want all of them, make sure that they are on the SAME order, as promo codes can only be used ONCE per account.

Last edited:
Reactions: josefle

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Cheapest HDMI cables I've ever gotten were 99 cents used at my local goodwill. Work fine too. But that's a killer price for new.
A while back (like 5-6 years ago), I used to get promo-rate HDMI 1.4 cables for between $1-$2.50 in qty. all the time. But that's dried up lately.

Maybe a couple of years ago, I stocked up on 4K-certified cables, for around $2 ea.

I didn't realize that these were only HDMI 1.4 cables when I ordered and then posted this. I should have read further down. I use 4K UHD TVs as monitors, I guess that these may be pretty seriously hit-or-miss with those.

I would gladly pay $2 ea., or even $3 ea., for working 4K UHD (4K60 4:4:4, 18Gbit/sec) 6' HDMI 2.0 cables.

But, you get what you can, I guess. I throw these in with builds, most customers are using 1080P monitors, and not 4K, so these should be fine for the near future, I hope.

Edit: Then again, it would surprise me if HDMI cable factories were turning out anything but 4K-capable cables these days, given the prevalence of 4K TVs at even places like Walmart (nearly every TV they sell is 4K these days). So either these will probably likely work fine with 4K, or they're really old stock. Kind of a toss-up which they are.

SamirD

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2019
www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Yeah, that's the problem with cheap cables--they won't meet the spec 100% of the time due to low headroom from marginal construction/materials. So for uses under spec, they're fine, but at spec they may only work 50% of the time. Ethernet cables suffer from the same problems. :(

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Bump, now $5.99 - 40% off promo code. Note that this is the SAME promo code as the Red right-angle and the silver straight SATA cable deals. So put them all on the SAME order.