Cheap but effective home security?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Wrong on every count. For one thing she damn near took the guy's leg off and he lived. Next you'll be guessing the guy was saved by a UFO. However, please feel free to keep pulling shit out of your ass or take your anti-psychotic medicine.

You mean like this guy?
http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...tcher%E2%80%99s-knife-inside-warren-house

Authorities say the 17-year-old was shot in the leg but suffered a good deal of blood loss. He was taken to Royal Oak’s Beaumont Hospital. “He made it over to that yard over there and collapsed and died,” said neighbor Keith Miller.

You are so full of shit. Just stop.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Sorry, but its not my job to prove to every psychotic that UFOs and pink unicorns don't exist. Either cough up the tall blond or bug off.

When you're the only talking about them it is. Support your arguments or keep spamming your post count.

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
When you're the only talking about them it is. Support your arguments or keep spamming your post count.

Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam.

If nothing else get this straight: I'm not the Shell answer man, this isn't an authoritative website on everything home security, it isn't some philosophical, scientific, or legal debate, and all you've proven is what an asshole you are. Anyone foolish enough to buy a gun or use one for home defense based solely on some anonymous tip at a website and without checking the local laws is beyond my help.

The same goes for any asshole who just takes your word for it that you need to shoot to kill and ask questions later if you are going to use a gun at all. The OP asked for opinions, he got opinions, and the rest is up to him.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam.

If nothing else get this straight: I'm not the Shell answer man, this isn't an authoritative website on everything home security, it isn't some philosophical, scientific, or legal debate, and all you've proven is what an asshole you are. Anyone foolish enough to buy a gun or use one for home defense based solely on some anonymous tip at a website and without checking the local laws is beyond my help.

The same goes for any asshole who just takes your word for it that you need to shoot to kill and ask questions later if you are going to use a gun at all. The OP asked for opinions, he got opinions, and the rest is up to him.

Lol. Discussions evolve, and the OP left this thread a long time ago. You made a recommendation, I challenged it. You supported your argument with 1 amusing anecdote and when that was challenged you started personally attacking me. I provided evidence, continued to challenge you, and now I'm obviously under your skin.

All you've proven is your ignorance, that you aren't big enough to accept when you're wrong, and that you are here to shoot your mouth off. I think I've disproved your position enough such that the OP and anyone else who reads this thread won't take your inane recommendations. My work here is done.

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
Lol. Discussions evolve, and the OP left this thread a long time ago. You made a recommendation, I challenged it. You supported your argument with 1 amusing anecdote and when that was challenged you started personally attacking me. I provided evidence, continued to challenge you, and now I'm obviously under your skin.

All you've proven is your ignorance, that you aren't big enough to accept when you're wrong, and that you are here to shoot your mouth off. I think I've disproved your position enough such that the OP and anyone else who reads this thread won't take your inane recommendations. My work here is done.

Your work is never done, but that's your problem troll.

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
Dictionary.com said:
Troll
–verb (used with object)
1. to sing or utter in a full, rolling voice.
2. to sing in the manner of a round or catch.
3. to fish for or in with a moving line, working the line up or down with a rod, as in fishing for pike, or trailing the line behind a slow-moving boat.

You are fishing for whatever reactions you can get using whatever justifications you can come up with. You don't like someone, you troll them. You don't someone's views, you troll them. You are as transparent as the school yard bully who will use any excuse whatsoever to attack whoever they don't like. Hence your compulsion to keep responding and the appropriateness of your avatar.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
You are fishing for whatever reactions you can get using whatever justifications you can come up with. You don't like someone, you troll them. You don't someone's views, you troll them. You are as transparent as the school yard bully who will use any excuse whatsoever to attack whoever they don't like. Hence your compulsion to keep responding and the appropriateness of your avatar.

Compulsion? I just check my User CP when I log in and see you've posted more fail. I then spend 30 seconds typing a response. And you keep responding too. You're so big? Don't respond to this post.

And I wasn't trolling, I was proving you wrong and making an example. I did both, now I'm just here for the lulz, this is "off topic" after all. Keep it coming wuliheron. You've already accused me of being a member of the KKK, talking about unicorns and UFOs, and now analyzing my behavior based on my avatar. Assuming you respond to this, can't wait to see what comes next.

Last edited:

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
Compulsion? I just check my User CP when I log in and see you've posted more fail. I then spend 30 seconds typing a response. And you keep responding too. You're so big? Don't respond to this post.

And I wasn't trolling, I was proving you wrong and making an example. I did both, now I'm just here for the lulz, this is "off topic" after all. Keep it coming wuliheron. You've already accused me of being a member of the KKK, talking about unicorns and UFOs, and now analyzing my behavior based on my avatar. Assuming you respond to this, can't wait to see what comes next.

Following
When the great man learns the Way, he follows it with diligence;
When the common man learns the Way, he follows it on occasion;
When the mean man learns the Way, he laughs out loud;
Those who do not laugh, do not learn at all.
Lao Tzu

LucJoe

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2001

Highly technical. Now admit you were wrong. NAO!

:)

On another note, wuliheron has been conducting himself in this way all over the forums. Read some of his other arguments that devolve into personal attacks and you'll realize he's not worth talking to.

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
Highly technical. Now admit you were wrong. NAO!

:)

On another note, wuliheron has been conducting himself in this way all over the forums. Read some of his other arguments that devolve into personal attacks and you'll realize he's not worth talking to.

Oh, you mean I don't play nice with all your straw man arguments, red herrings, and other attempts to bait people and then play one-up-man-ship with logic. IrishScot seems to disagree with you. He thinks I'm funny.