Chavez gets huge applause in Copehagen

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Whether he's an inconsequential little dickhead wannabe or not, it's obvious that many in the world think what he thinks but are afraid to say. That's even more scary. We know who Chavez is, we don't always know what the other fellow is.

Funny, I'd say it's scary because there's such concentrated power that instead of a more 'free' world, we have one where nations are "afraid to say" things, to use your words. That's scary.

But you have a differnt problem. You're fine with nations being "afraid to say" things out of fear of power - your problem is that our power isn't world-dominating ENOUGH so there are pockets of resistance.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Chavez and many others are too stupid to understand it's the opposite of capitalism that have us the mess we are in to begin with. Backing banks is not capitalism. Bailing them out when they fail is not capitalism. Underwriting fannie and freddie is not capitalism.

I want to point out what I think is important to remember in this.

The problem isn't the bailouts, once the choice was between bailout or financial collapse.

The government did what it had to do.

The problem is the Reagan, Clinton, Bush policies of doing what Wall Street wanted, of de-regulation, that allowed the nation to get in the situation of having to choose bailout or collapse.

Our nation should have not let Wall Street run government policy, and had government representing the public interest, by regulating Wall Street so its activities were within boundaries and not 'too big to fail'.

Had we done that, Wall Street would have had the role it has in the past and that it should have, of greasing the wheels of the economy and making 10% of the nation's profits.

Looking at the bailouts as the problem is lilke studying Hitler's mistakes starting when the allies entered Berlin.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Funny, I'd say it's scary because there's such concentrated power that instead of a more 'free' world, we have one where nations are "afraid to say" things, to use your words. That's scary.

But you have a differnt problem. You're fine with nations being "afraid to say" things out of fear of power - your problem is that our power isn't world-dominating ENOUGH so there are pockets of resistance.

No, I have a problem with nations concentrating power into a few high level people and then using scare tactics to feed the masses.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
No, I have a problem with nations concentrating power into a few high level people

First, do you have a problem if I cut the quote off there?

Your post is confused - do you oppose all forms of governemnt where there are any officials with power concentrated in them? Or it it only certain types, where you have not specified the distinctions?

and then using scare tactics to feed the masses.

Slo, are governments who exploit others for their wealth ok with you, it's only the exploited nations who struggle to feed trheir poor you object to?

What are these 'scare tactics' you refer to? Do they include a powerful nation 'scaring other nations' so they are afraid to speak as they like, as you said before?

You seem to be struggling to form an attack on Venezuela without steppoing on your own toes to say it in a way that applies to the US.

It can be done - there are things Chavez does wrong that the US didn't do too if you phrase it carefully - but why bother, instead of looking at the larger more honest situation and blaming where deserved?

Jun 26, 2007
All these idiots are funny because they fail to realize that without capitalism Europe would not have been rebuilt after WWII, in fact the outcome of that war may have been very different. All first world countries have capitalism to thank for what they know today.

Yeah, you stupid twat, all the African and South American countries at the meeting should know that.

You see, no EU country cheered him.

If you don't want the world to think of Americans as fucking stupid, get the fuck smarter.

Jun 26, 2007
No, I have a problem with nations concentrating power into a few high level people and then using scare tactics to feed the masses.

You have a problem with NATO fearmongering nations into supporting the Iraq war (while this didn't really work in any other nation but the US, the payoffs and Blairs going right ahead and having to resign because of it should be a fucking clue)

Seriously, do you ever wonder why people outside the US view US citisens as morons?

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
yeah, you stupid twat, all the african and south american countries at the meeting should know that.

You see, no eu country cheered him.

If you don't want the world to think of americans as fucking stupid, get the fuck smarter.

oh look at me i'm british i have a british accent so i must be smarter than you!

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Funny how the righties squeal like piggies when someone dares talk shit about capitalism.

Hilarious when they freak out of something un-pc -to them.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
All these idiots are funny because they fail to realize that without capitalism Europe would not have been rebuilt after WWII, in fact the outcome of that war may have been very different. All first world countries have capitalism to thank for what they know today.

You're half right. In order to win WW2, the United States more or less nationalized all industries and production was largely directed by central government authority. The Soviet Union was of course already centrally controlled. And I can't claim to know what happened to British industrial production but I assume it was similar to what happened in the USA.

And large government investments during the 30s, like Grand Coolee dam, TVA, etc., were instrumental in the tremendous industrial out put during the war.

But none of those things would have happened without the wealth generated in a capitalist system where people are rewarded for their efforts.

Jun 26, 2007
Morons who saved your ass, and kicked your ass too. Thanks for being our lapdogs.

Roosevelt: "We will not get involved in Europes war"

Day after Germany declared war on you, what the fuck were you sissy twats going to do? Say no thank you mein shöne Hitler? Well, you did that before but then the Japanese bombed you so...

Saved our arse? Not bloody likely, you were under attack and declared war upon, that is the ONLY reason you ever got involved, it wasn't to save anyone and the Jews were not even allowed to leave the boats at harbour in the US (thank god or i'd be an American Jew who needs a loaded gun to go grocery shopping).

Again, you are living evidence of why people outside the US view US citisens as morons.

It might work in the movies and please feel free to join me in Afghanistan on the 10'th.

Naturally, you are like the rest of your kind, comfy at your computer and happy that other men do the job you never had the guts to do.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2007
oh look at me i'm british i have a british accent so i must be smarter than you!

Seriously, the twat thinks that because a world meeting was held in Europe all who were there were European?

SERIOUSLY?

How is that not retarded beyond all belief?

Toastedlightly

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2004

Day after Germany declared war on you, what the fuck were you sissy twats going to do? Say no thank you mein shöne Hitler? Well, you did that before but then the Japanese bombed you so...

Saved our arse? Not bloody likely, you were under attack and declared war upon, that is the ONLY reason you ever got involved, it wasn't to save anyone and the Jews were not even allowed to leave the boats at harbour in the US (thank god or i'd be an American Jew who needs a loaded gun to go grocery shopping).

Again, you are living evidence of why people outside the US view US citisens as morons.

It might work in the movies and please feel free to join me in Afghanistan on the 10'th.

Naturally, you are like the rest of your kind, comfy at your computer and happy that other men do the job you never had the guts to do.

To be honest I believe we did supply Great Britain with necessities as most your industries were rather destroyed by the German bombings.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
To be honest I believe we did supply Great Britain with necessities as most your industries were rather destroyed by the German bombings.
Why on Earth would you even choose to see his posts, much less respond to them? It's like arguing with a rabid rat except without the rat's warmth and wisdom.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
This Red moron hasnt been banned yet?

Edit: Of course not RD

Last edited:

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
I want to point out what I think is important to remember in this.

The problem isn't the bailouts, once the choice was between bailout or financial collapse.

The government did what it had to do.

The problem is the Reagan, Clinton, Bush policies of doing what Wall Street wanted, of de-regulation, that allowed the nation to get in the situation of having to choose bailout or collapse.

Our nation should have not let Wall Street run government policy, and had government representing the public interest, by regulating Wall Street so its activities were within boundaries and not 'too big to fail'.

Had we done that, Wall Street would have had the role it has in the past and that it should have, of greasing the wheels of the economy and making 10% of the nation's profits.

Looking at the bailouts as the problem is lilke studying Hitler's mistakes starting when the allies entered Berlin.

I'll be honest, I'd take collapse over bail outs any day. Bring on the age of the road warriors!

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001

Without capitalism there wouldn't have been a WWII.

Herr Kutz

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2009

You are damn right (the bolded part). It was a very different world at the time. The US had no obligations or alliances forcing it to go to war at the bequest of any empire in Europe, who had been in what seemed like constant war for centuries.

The United States rejected the British Empire and yet you think it had a duty to defend Britain? That was the job of your Queen's pawns in Canada, NZ, Australia, etc.

You need to stop equating today to the past, times have changed.

And as for this comment: "thank god or i'd be an American Jew who needs a loaded gun to go grocery shopping"

You are living evidence as to why Americans see foreigners, namely Europeans, as morons. Lay off the European propaganda.