Charlie at Semiaccurate says: Physics hardware makes Kepler/GK104 fast

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Will Robinson

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2009
All this FUD surrounding the Kepler vaporware reminds me of the FX and Fermi delays.
It's looking more like a smokescreen for sub par performance than a preview of something noteworthy.
NVDA fans would do well to be alarmed...:sneaky:
*Release date for the high end part will be March 9th(this year hopefully) otherwise TVIceman and his big bets and promises are going to be a fail of epic proportions.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
All this FUD surrounding the Kepler vaporware reminds me of the FX and Fermi delays.
It's looking more like a smokescreen for sub par performance than a preview of something noteworthy.
*Release date for the high end part will be March 9th(this year hopefully) otherwise TVIceman and his big bets and promises are going to be a fail of epic proportions.

NV's marketing department is working overtime it seems

Will Robinson

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2009
I wish AMD's dept would go over to weekly paychecks....I blew last months payola over the weekend.:sneaky:

rgallant

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2007
+1
I'll wait for the 2nd gen. if I need it , replaying ME2 @ 18% gpu.

BallaTheFeared

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2010
lol so many haters...

Which is good, haters got me a setup that rivals 6970CF for dirt cheap.

Keep on hating haters.

tviceman

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2008
www.facebook.com
TVIceman and his big bets and promises are going to be a fail of epic proportions.

No one wanted to take the bet. Too bad for them. And "epic" became the most abused, worthless, overused adjective two years ago. Update your vocabulary.

This is nothing at all like Fermi's release. Fermi's was confirmed to be delayed due to problems in the design. During the delay, Nvidia released white papers, talked up Fermi's performance, and even showed benchmarks. They made quite a bit of noise to try to take away attention from AMD's entire 5800 lineup in the absence of Fermi. With Kepler, yields are rumored to be great, the dies are supposedly small, and Nvidia hasn't officially said or done anything to take attention away from AMD's Tahiti.

What ever will you complain about if Kepler comes out forces $100+ price drops on AMD's two tahiti cards? Surely you'll still find something to be negative toward Nvidia....

Last edited:

notty22

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2010
There are two GK104/Kepler variants

Just some more tid-bits on the GK104, to me sounds very much like the many variants of the GF104/GF114
Starting with the original gtx 460 1gb / gtx 460 768, I expect most memory sizes to double now with 10%+ over GTX 580 general performance (pure conjecture) in the complete gpu.

Last edited: