Charles Krauthammer is voting for McCain

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Craig234
I've always thought this guy has had terrible positions, and this is consistent with that history. We have way too many terrible pundits and not enough progressive ones.

I think there are enough terrible progressive pundits to cover you :p

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: ironwing
I'm somewhat surprised, I would have thought McCain too liberal and reasonable for Krauthammer.

Krauthammer and McCain have a lot more in common than anyone gives them credit for.

Too liberal? These two share a pro government ideology, patriot act, wiretapping, etc. They are both Neocons. Any Republican who favors government expansion so he can reach across the isle, ala Bush's "compassionate" conservative, has betrayed conservative ideology.

microbial

Oct 10, 2008
Wet-fingered conservatives and all others who have felt the foul wind blowing and smelled the stench of 8 years of failed, corrupt policies. McCain drank that Kool-aid long ago, and now he has to face the resounding rejection and punishment this nation is doling out for such offenses.

Charles Krauthhamer isn't defending some imagined misinterpretation of the facts--he's defending the fact of corruption that McCain has signed on to. He's even more deaf, dumb, and blind than McCain.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: T2T III
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: T2T III
Washington Post

Certainly, he hasn't been one that has been known to kiss up to McCain at all during this election. However, now, he's brought forth some great points to serve as his basis for deciding to vote for McCain.

Wait, what?

List of recent Krauthammer articles.

After looking through those, was there even the slightest doubt in your mind who he would endorse? Really?

Articles aside, when you see him on TV, he doesn't take the "hard right" stance. Even his input following the debates left it a bit hard to see who exactly he was rooting for.

Yes, "ignoring his true beliefs, let's instead judge him based on his for-ratings TV persona.."