chappelle show

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
Originally posted by: anxi80
Originally posted by: Row1and
To be honest tho', the show was pretty funny without him.
dont get your hopes up too much. a little birdie told me that the other two episodes arent even close to being as funny. ;)

true, they showed the best episode first... should've waited ..... the next two is so-so...

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Pepsei
true, they showed the best episode first... should've waited ..... the next two is so-so...
yep. and whats up with that 15 minute audience questionaire about the racial pixie?! the skit wasnt even all that great! :sigh;

in case anyone's interested, here's a summary of the skits for episodes 2 & 3... as a huge fan of the show and especially of chappelle's work since 'robin hood: men in tights', i can say that creatively this show lost a lot of steam.

episode 2
-dave as howard dean
-dave getting distracted by content on tv while getting down
-dave as gary coleman working security in a toy store
-dave as a racial stereotype pixie fairy (followed by about 10 minutes of discussing the effect of the fairy and the stereotypes it paints with the audience)

episode 3
-dave, charlie and donnell as monsters who think they are getting mistreated because of race and not because, well, uhm, they're monsters
-dave interprets what the media truly means by the word "minority"
-dave meets show business and realizes he needs to market himself better... so they consider 'dave chappelle cereal', 'lil jon in love' movie with susan sarandon, and dave doing cribs

thebigdude

Apr 27, 2005
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: Row1and
god, I'm soo glad for the new line-up on sunday nights on comedy central. Chappelle's show, mind of mencia and reno 911. Not many ppl realize it, but Reno is one of the funniest show on televison hands down. You gotta love shorts shorts, and just the cluelessness those guys use to run the town. IT's ridiculous...

It'll be interesting to see how chappelle's continues without chappelle himself. I wonder how many episodes they have to air... either way, i'm off to watch the comedy central, and you know what, you should be too...

BTW, what an end for Zidane for those who watch the world cup. It was sorta disappointing.. but still a great player non the less.
<---- Reno 911 fan

Reno is awesome!

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Baked
Originally posted by: spikespiegal
I still don't get what Chappelle's problem was or what happened. Not too many comedians have that kind of gift, and he walked away from a LOT of money.

Chappelle's 'The only living black White Supremecist' is one of the funniest and original skits I've ever seen.

He's a greedy mofo who wasn't satisfied w/ the money offered. Well, fvck him. I hope he never gets another break. He ain't all that funny anyway.

Seriously, the show was his BIG BREAK. He was a nobody comic pretty much up until that point, excluding Half-Baked. He walked away from a bar of gold and is going to be nobody again real fast.

tjaisv

Banned
Oct 7, 2002
I still don't get what Chappelle's problem was or what happened. Not too many comedians have that kind of gift, and he walked away from a LOT of money.

Didn't wanna work anymore. Would rather party all night with Rick James and Negrodamus.

lizardboy

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Eeezee
Originally posted by: Baked

Chappelle's 'The only living black White Supremecist' is one of the funniest and original skits I've ever seen.

He's a greedy mofo who wasn't satisfied w/ the money offered. Well, fvck him. I hope he never gets another break. He ain't all that funny anyway.

Seriously, the show was his BIG BREAK. He was a nobody comic pretty much up until that point, excluding Half-Baked. He walked away from a bar of gold and is going to be nobody again real fast.

He was one of the better-known standups comedians long before The Chappelle Show.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
Where's everyone getting their info on chappelle lately? :p - You're all wrong.

Anyways, episode 2 was real bad. Seems like they are struggling to find old stuff that chappelle did and they decided not to use before. Like the howard dean thing, that's way old news, probably filmed that long ago, realized it wasn't funny, and didn't show it. All the clips they showed were pretty lame. That's why it's called 'The lost episodes' i guess.

VanTheMan

Golden Member
Apr 23, 2000
Reno 911 is hilarious. I only saw the "Tupac Lives" skit on YouTube, but I thought it was really funny.