Question Changed my monitor refresh rate too high and now windows doesn't detect it

Goi

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Hi,
I have a Lenovo t14 gen 2 laptop with 2 external monitors. My 2nd monitor supports 3440x1440@100Hz,and I connected it via HDMI. I saw this option while trying to change the resolution and refresh rate, but once I did, my monitor stopped being detected. I tried replugging the HDMI and rebooting, but still nothing. In the duplicate/extend display for the 2nd monitor, it's disabled, and the resolution drop down is grayed out. Is there any way to reset the resolution /refresh rate?

Last edited:

Goi

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Update:
I realise that if I connect monitor 2 alone, it works up to max resolution. If I connect monitor 1 alone, it also works up to max resolution. However, once I connect both, then monitor 2 stops working.

Also, I realise that if I duplicate screen for monitor 2 and extend for monitor 1, it works. Once I try extending to monitor 2 as well, then it stops working.

I also tried switching the connections of the 2 monitors and miraculously, it works. However, I would still like to retain the original connections as the 2 monitors are shared, and I have cable limitations

Reactions: DAPUNISHER