Change Android default photo viewing app for Yahoo Mail?

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
I use Yahoo Mail on my Nexus 7. It asked what default photo viewing app to use and chose I Google's Photo app. However that was a mistake and I'd rather use Gallery. I don't know how to change it. I can't find any default settings for Yahoo Mail set in the Apps setting.

How to change it?

cpacini

Oct 22, 2005
You have to reset the defaults in the photos app (which is part of the Google+ app now). To reset it, go to system settings> apps> Google+, then click on "clear defaults." The next time you try to view photos in the Yahoo app it will prompt you to select an app to use.

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Thanks! That did the trick.

Definitely not intuitive though. I wouldn't have figured it out without your post. I did several Google searches and could not find the answer.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Thanks! That did the trick.

Definitely not intuitive though. I wouldn't have figured it out without your post. I did several Google searches and could not find the answer.

well when you first make an action that can be completed by multiple apps on your phone, it asks you which one to use and to do it ALWAYS or JUST ONCE. it then tells you that you can clear this default by doing exactly what the poster above said.

just gotta pay attention and then it's intuitive.