Cellular plans

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
I am looking for a cellular phone plan in the New England (specifically Massachussetts) area. From the feedback I got so far, I have this generalization: At&t's plan sux. So far, it looks like a race between Sprint, Verizon, or Omnipoint (aka VoiceStream). Free paging would be nice, which is something that Verizon lacks. But for an extra $2.99 a month, it seems to be a minor inconvience if it has a superior network. Also, how do I know if the phone I get is good? I have been looking at them and so far I like the Qualcomm QCP-860, it loos nice, is thin and it is nicely priced.

Nutcase99

Golden Member
Dec 22, 1999
I'm in Mass too and well I use the Cellone plan I mean you get free nights (After 7pm) and free weekends! For like $24.99/month but you only get like 150 daytime minutes if you go up a step then its like $34.99/month and free nights and weekends but you get like 500 day time minutes :)

Nutcase99

Golden Member
Dec 22, 1999
hmm, I dunno about numaric paging I know it comes with caller ID, umm a voice mail box if your phone is off, call waiting, I really don't rememeber what else but that stuff is the basic stuff that comes with the package. Check out Cellone's website for more info I guess. They have really good coverage of most of Mass (or at least the parts of Mass that I've been too) BTW where in MA are you? I'm on the Cape.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
Seems like a good plan, but they have a limited cell phone collection. How releiable is the service?