celebrities know best :)

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Mrburns2007
http://www.msnbc.com/news/990758.asp

shouldn't talk trash about your own country while visting other countries.

"Jane Fonda was in Canada this past April and said: ?I don?t know if a country where the people are so ignorant of reality and of history, if you can call that a free world.?
Also in Canada, Martin Sheen said recently: ?Every time I cross this border, I feel like I?ve left the land of lunatics."

So the Country is not ignorant of Reality and History and not a Land of Lunatics?

The rest of the world seems to think so. So who is not in Reality and wrong???

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Jane fonda is a traitor plain and simple and cost hundreds of POWS lives with her bogus "they are treated well report".

Sheen well he can have an opinion. I'm sure we agree in some way too it's a land of lunnis.

Personally I don't understand the whole celebrity worship we have at all in this country.. such sillyness...like queen worship over in england.

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Personally I don't understand the whole celebrity worship we have at all in this country.. such sillyness...like queen worship over in england.

The two don't even slightly compare. Many more people here "worship" celebrities - as opposed to the Queen. Probably best that way too!

Cheers,

Andy

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Fencer128

The two don't even slightly compare. Many more people here "worship" celebrities - as opposed to the Queen. Probably best that way too!

Cheers,

Andy

Do you have those stupid shows in england like "entertainment tonight" or "inside edition" which delves into the daily lives and gossip about celebrites? Or those late night talk shows which are bascially set up as a hollywood marketing machine featuring celebrites and thier latest film? I rarly watch television because of that. All junk. I do watch the -all-hitler-all-the-time-network (history channel) though.

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Do you have those stupid shows in england like "entertainment tonight" or "inside edition" which delves into the daily lives and gossip about celebrites? Or those late night talk shows which are bascially set up as a hollywood marketing machine featuring celebrites and thier latest film? I rearly watch television because of that.

We get some such shows. We also get the "Hollywood insider/gossip" stuff too. You can spot that kind of thing in the scheduling a mile off though, if you wish to avoid it.

Cheers,

Andy

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
I do watch the -all-hitler-all-the-time-network (history channel) though.

Yep. I don't think an hour goes by on the history channel without a WW1/WW2/"Most Evil Men in History" being shown!

Andy

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Fencer128
Do you have those stupid shows in england like "entertainment tonight" or "inside edition" which delves into the daily lives and gossip about celebrites? Or those late night talk shows which are bascially set up as a hollywood marketing machine featuring celebrites and thier latest film? I rearly watch television because of that.

We get some such shows. We also get the "Hollywood insider/gossip" stuff too. You can spot that kind of thing in the scheduling a mile off though, if you wish to avoid it.

Cheers,

Andy

The problem over here is it's so pervasive. Which gets back the the theme of this thread and that why people care about celebrity viewpoints and even look at them from a position of authority and wisdom. I guess I don't get the pshcology behind people watching these shows but I do understand why the celebrities are revered when watched and talked about on a contant basis by these same people.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
I could never figure out celebrity warship. I mean, they act, that's it. Sure, some are nice to look at (Jessica Alba in FHM = :heart: ), but what else do they offer? It's not like they are responsible for most of the creativity done in the movies and shows they act in.

What makes even less sense is how a celebrity can call his or her fans a bunch of morons and and those people will still warship the celebrity.