CDRWIN error message

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
Can somebody decode this?

"WRITE" command failed on device 0:0:0
Illegal command request (04h 00h 02h 05h 24h 00h)

buffer underrun?
not enough temp HD space?
problem with .bin file?

This happened at 57% at 4x and I didn't start any new programs or anything.

ForeverSilky

Banned
Apr 6, 2000
Try 2x or 1x, sometimes it's the only way. By the way, is this a legit copy of cdrwin? The creator of it has very good pirating protection.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah I would bet it's not legit. Because if you enter a bad sn/pw it will tell you it's right and then just burn coasters.

Insomniac

Oct 9, 1999
Few things: I have a registered version of this software, and I have gotten that WRITE error before. It has always happened to me at 0%, either during the writing of the TOC or immediately after is my guess.

I initially thought it was speed. I slowed down from 8X to 4X (on 8X certified blanks) after a coaster and this always worked until I started burning at 4X all of the time. Shortly after I had a coaster.

According to Golden Hawk's website, I believe they say this is a buffer underrun error. I do not believe it in my case. I have the HP 9110i w/ 4MB of cache and a WD Expert 7200 RPM HDD w/ 2MB of cache. I find it very hard to believe the buffer is empty that early in the writing stage. So, if anyone knows why, please help me!

The guys at Golden Hawk have implemented a very good anti-piracy scheme. Last time I heard, your CD will finish fine, but it will be useless (if you burn faster than 1X on a cracked copy). That is a very nice lesson to teach. Give them the money to register it. They worked very hard to get you that software. It is very small and powerful.

Tilt

Aug 15, 2000
insomniac: try increasing the disk buffer and set priority to high, get better media.
ive seen drives do what you have described and most of the time turns out the drive is old and moldy (dying) or the drive isnt fully tested with cdrwin.

Insomniac

Oct 9, 1999
bonkers325:

1. Definitely not illegal.
2. Cheap media could've been some, but for any of my CDs I use Verbatim DataLife, which I consider to be one of the best.
3. I have the 9110i, it isn't even 1 year old. If it is going bad, HP owes me a new one!

Tilt: I'll try that, hopefully it will help...or like I siad, HP owes me a new drive!

I'll keep you posted.