CD to SATA drive caddy

kbp

Oct 8, 2011
Looking to convert a Lenovo CD to a SATA drive. Where might I find a "caddy" to fit in a Lenovo V570 laptop?

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Last edited:

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Corky... That second link is for an ultrabay adapter. Has to be wrong.

Pretty sure that the iDeaPads being their consumer line don't support this feature. Shoudla bought a ThinkPad.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Corky... That second link is for an ultrabay adapter. Has to be wrong. Pretty sure that the iDeaPads being their consumer line don't support this feature. Shoudla bought a ThinkPad.

I thought that also, however, the 7 specific steps for making the switch are aimed directly at the V570.

kbp

Oct 8, 2011
Went to this link....
http://www.newmodeus.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_7&products_id=401

They do not show a caddy for a "V" but I did remove it and it looks the same as a "Z" series although the "G" caddy looks like it would work as well. I would find it hard to believe that lenovo uses more than one or two differant CD ROM form factors. Guess i'll pick one and try it out. Both are 12.7 height. Shape looks the same too.
Thanks all !!! I'll let you know if it works.

holden j caufield

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 1999
it'll work as long as you get the right dimensions and the connector isn't proprietary. I did same thing to a toshiba.