CD/DVD disposal?

ArchStudent

May 9, 2003
Is there a way to dispose of CDs/DVDs (ones that are bad) other than tossing them in the trash that might be a little environmentally friendlier?

:cool:

ArchStudent

May 9, 2003
Well, I already have way too many CD coasters from way back in 1998 when I got my first CD writer (the software was really lame and caused a lot of misburned CDs)... just looking for a creative and environmentally friendly way to dispose of these left over discs :)

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
It's nice to see someone caring about the environment. Use them as coasters and/or make some funky art. :D

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
You kids now days.
rolleye.gif

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: ArchStudent
Well, I already have way too many CD coasters from way back in 1998 when I got my first CD writer (the software was really lame and caused a lot of misburned CDs)... just looking for a creative and environmentally friendly way to dispose of these left over discs :)

Haven't you seen that AOL commercial w/ Snoop? :p

nodoubts2k

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2003
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein

lol :beer:

mwtgg

Lifer
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein

Just wait one minizzle.

Jan 31, 2002
Um, dude, they're called "coasters" for a reason.

*notes presence of three such items on his desk, all under cups/glasses*

- M4H

styrafoam

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
They make great targets, they shatter nicely when you shoot them. Take them out to the desert/country, tack them to a fence post and blast away.

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
I like to burn them until they bubble, then I throw them away. I know it stinks and does not really save the enviroment, but at least I get entertainment out of them before they get tossed.

-spike

Dufman

Golden Member
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: UCSDHappyAsian
well... freesbee... that would be a good use of CD/DVD.
i take it you have never tried that.

it doesnt work worth a damn

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: styrafoam
They make great targets, they shatter nicely when you shoot them. Take them out to the desert/country, tack them to a fence post and blast away.

That and skeet shooting