cB0 FCPGA p700@931 on CUSL2

CaptainNemo

Jun 30, 2000
Hi,

Excuse my ignorance, but since this new mobo from ASUS lets you adjust your settings in so many ways, isn?t just guaranteed that you are going to be able to run p700 @930+(with good memory and decent cooling of course)?

Cheers,

CaptainNemo

Jun 30, 2000
Bricolo,

I didn't say I have it :( .
I'm waiting to get it. Well, I don't like paying for video and audio on board (not going to use it anyway); I don't like knowing that even if I wanted, I couldn't get more than 512MB RAM; Finally, I'm affraid that VIA will come out with better chip for pentium right after (like next day) I'll buy my mobo :D .But right now, I think (prove me wrong) it's the only solution for me (I want to build machine based on pentium). Oh, and please don't tell me about these nice new Cellerons (I kind of like having 256KB full speed L2 cache :) ). As for Athlon...Well, I don't know... What I'm trying to build, is not pure gaming machine, so... Anyway, I would appreciate any tip.

Cheers,

cliffa3

Jul 3, 2000
the CUSL2 will rock...you're one of the very few ppl i've heard mention it...i'm gunna buy one as soon as i can find one...do you have any info on it? I've heard of the 700/100 doin 1ghz+ on that w/an aftermarket heatsink/fan...as long as your ram can take it. Please let me know if you have any info on that motherboard...thanks.

Cliff

Bricolo

Jul 3, 2000
yes, I want to buy one too, agp 1/2 and ram 3/4 divers are very usefull, and the abit se6 has only fsbs up to 154 :(

CaptainNemo

Jun 30, 2000
damien6,

I see?

Family: 6, Model: 8, Step:1 = cA2 steping
Family: 6, Model: 8, Step:3 = cB0 steping

Right? So you can use any utility like Intel Proccesor Frequency ID and you just know everything you want about your chip. Cool...