Cat caught a baby mouse

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CrispyFried

Golden Member
May 3, 2005
Originally posted by: HardcoreRobot
the cat caught it to give to you. you dont want to insult the kitty by rejecting its gift, so you must eat the mouse, live, while in front of the cat

Yup it was a tribute to you. I usually just apoligize to my cat and tell her Ill eat it later. Then its burried in the back yard when the cats not looking.

Id try and save it though. Youll have a loyal mouse for life, or at least until the cat gets it again.

ArmenK

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2000
I gave it back to the cat, he ate it up right away. First bite took the head off, then he finished it up.

cain

Banned
Aug 1, 2003
sheesh, that's bloody. did the rat baby yelp at all? its last view was probably giant teeth of the cat.

Armitage

Banned
Feb 23, 2001
I spared a mouse that I caught while mowing the lawn a few weeks ago. That night - no sh|t - there was a mouse halfway up the screen on my patio door *twice*
Once you show weakness, they have no respect for you.
Kill it, and leave the body as a warning to the rest of the mice.

Banana

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
Originally posted by: ArmenK
I gave it back to the cat, he ate it up right away. First bite took the head off, then he finished it up.
WTF, no pics of THAT?

Cadop

Mar 28, 2003
Originally posted by: cain
sheesh, that's bloody. did the rat baby yelp at all? its last view was probably giant teeth of the cat.

The eyes weren't even open. Last thing the mouse saw was... nothing.

ArmenK

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2000
My mom just called and said shes been bringing them all morning. She said she has brought 4 of them already.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Could take it to the humane society or a wildlife place if you really wanted.... but I doubt they'd do anything. Go put it back where it came from and see if the mom comes back.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: FrankyJunior
Could take it to the humane society or a wildlife place if you really wanted.... but I doubt they'd do anything. Go put it back where it came from and see if the mom comes back.

From his cat's stomach!

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Originally posted by: Patt
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Do you have liquid nitrogen & a hammer?

Even if it is a joke, you're a sick prick. :|

Damn, no points for creativity?

Hey, you get a big thumbs up from me... I thought it was a great idea.

It's a friggin mouse! Kill it. Normally, if I saw one near my house, I'd smack it over the head with a shovel. You can note, in 90% of any threads about some tard finding and killing a snake, someone will point out that "snakes are good, they eat the mice and rats."

Mice and rats are bad, mmmkay? Rodents. Carry disease. Chew on stuff in your house. Get into your food. Etc. We've recently been discussing at home the eventual need for a barn-cat (we have a cat as a pet... need one specifically for killing mice in the field and barn.)

So, take that mouse, and
a) give it back to the cat
b) step on it
c) smack it with something (shovel)
d) get some liquid nitrogen, and show us the video!!

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Other, creative ideas:

a) hollowed potato + mouse + potato gun + brick wall = splat
b) Find someone with a pet snake or larger fish (piranha, oscar, Jack Dempseys, etc.)

note: I'm all for a quick death; little suffering. Giving it to the cat would probably result in the most suffering, except if it was simply released back in the wild to die of exposure/starvation.