What case would you recommend

• Lancool DragonLord PC-K62

• Coolermaster HAF 932

• Coolermaster Storm Sniper Black

• Other (post recommendation below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

SilentBobDC

Dec 11, 2009
Like many people here I am putting together a new build. I have narrowed the case selection down to 3 finalists given price/features/requirements.

The finalists are:

Lancool Dragon Load PC-K62
Coolermaster HAF 932
Coolermaster Storm Sniper Black

I think I'd be happy with any of these but I'm curious what others out there who've had experience with them think. Some things that have stuck in my head are; the lack of filters on the HAF 932 (we have a cat who should be bald about 20 times over by now), I've heard of some cracked side windows on the PC-K62s and the higher cost of the storm sniper. Feel free to post reasons for your votes as I'd love to get some first hand knowledge of the contenders.

Thanks for you time,

SilentBob DC

lothar

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2000
Of those choices, HAF 932.
The lack of filters can easily be taken care off.

yh125d

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2006
Filters are overrated. Even if you have all intakes filtered, you're still gonna want to air-dust it out pretty often anyways, plus most filters I've used make the fans louder

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Filters are overrated. Even if you have all intakes filtered, you're still gonna want to air-dust it out pretty often anyways, plus most filters I've used make the fans louder

IMG_1283-1.jpg

no there not...

If i didnt have those, i would be tugging around a dust bag.
You can see they do there job, because there normally black, not white.

And those come off real easy, and clean real easy.

ChaiBabbaChai

Golden Member
Dec 16, 2005
Filters keep large crap out. LIKE IF YOU HAVE CATS OR CREATURES. :p Obviously they're not HEPA filters, but you'll have to clean the inside of the case much less, unless you leave the vent holes open.

yh125d

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2006
IMG_1283-1.jpg

no there not...

If i didnt have those, i would be tugging around a dust bag.
You can see they do there job, because there normally black, not white.

And those come off real easy, and clean real easy.

Oh I know filters definitely catch stuff, but they still won't be able to get everything, and you'll likely still want to blow it out fairly often

Apr 17, 2003
My top cases right now:

1. corsair 800d
2. silverstone TJ07
3. Lian Li PC B25F
4. CM 840
5. CM HAF

in that order.

Interitus

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2004
Got a Lancool K62 on the way for xmas (the gf has a big mouth, lol)

If you're going to air cool it's pretty solid, worked inside one for a bit and I really like it. Needs a few very minor mods usually (had to tape the one I worked on to cut the LED fan light from coming through the top and might need some fan upgrades) but other than that it's a really nice case.

If you're going to go water, the 800D is really nice with support for a 3x120 rad and possibly a 2x120 at the bottom with a little work.

I might step up to the 800D as I'm really looking into a WC'd system, otherwise I'll definitely love my Lancool in a few weeks :D

SilentBobDC

Dec 11, 2009
Thanks for all the input so far. From the looks of it the HAF 932 is leading the pack. I had decided, should I pick that case, to make some filters out of black nylons, as coolermaster has yet to release any stock/manufacturer based filters to date. For what its worth my cousin recently did a build with the PC-K62 (this weekend) and said it was a great case to work with and that the blue led fans were nice and not overbearing. Still, I like the room that the HAF gives me and should I go with some H2O cooling (probably not for a while unless I WANT a divorce) I'd have a great in-case option with all that extra space. I do wish the HAF had a nice black interior like the other two but really, all it'd take is a can of tremclad flat black and a couple of minutes out in the shop.

I probably won't be ordering until after Christmas unless some really sweet deal crops up so feel free to keep the input flowing as nothing is yet set in stone.

hclarkjr

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
i am in the market for new case too and am getting the HAF 932. i was going to get the antec 1200 but changed my mind based on some of the features of the 932 with one being the cutout for the cpu area on the motherboard tray.

ChaiBabbaChai

Golden Member
Dec 16, 2005
make some filters out of black nylons, as coolermaster has yet to release any stock/manufacturer based filters to date.

Not sure what you mean by this. My Cooler Master came with filters on every intake.

Everything nice about the HAF 932 can be found on the ATCS 840 plus some, and it has filters, and it looks classy... so, if you can afford one that's the way to go. It would cost over $100 more depending on shipping and tax.

If your wife will seriously be pissed about a h2o setup then that shouldn't even be a consideration for you. Most cases have grommets on the back for h2o tubes anyway.

Last edited:

lothar

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2000
Thanks for all the input so far. From the looks of it the HAF 932 is leading the pack. I had decided, should I pick that case, to make some filters out of black nylons, as coolermaster has yet to release any stock/manufacturer based filters to date. For what its worth my cousin recently did a build with the PC-K62 (this weekend) and said it was a great case to work with and that the blue led fans were nice and not overbearing. Still, I like the room that the HAF gives me and should I go with some H2O cooling (probably not for a while unless I WANT a divorce) I'd have a great in-case option with all that extra space. I do wish the HAF had a nice black interior like the other two but really, all it'd take is a can of tremclad flat black and a couple of minutes out in the shop.

I probably won't be ordering until after Christmas unless some really sweet deal crops up so feel free to keep the input flowing as nothing is yet set in stone.

Go to your wife's sock drawer and get her pantyhose to make dust filters out of them for the HAF 932.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I like the haf 932 so much that last night I stopped by compusa and bought another one to replace my sons cm690 that is uber cramped inside.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
i am in the market for new case too and am getting the HAF 932. i was going to get the antec 1200 but changed my mind based on some of the features of the 932 with one being the cutout for the cpu area on the motherboard tray.

The cutout on the motherboard back plane is too small to be useful with the rear bracket of my chilltec with both the 775 and 1366 mounting hardware.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Well that misalignment was with the asus p6t mb. The hole lines up just fine with my evga x58 E758 mb so I wanted to clarify that.

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
I just got my HAF 932 about a week ago and couldn't be happier. It moves LOTS of air and does so very quietly. It also has excellent cable management options. One con with it is the fact that the HD and power lights on the front are REALLY REALLY bright. The size of the case is shocking as well, pictures don't do it justice, it is enormous. It is also very heavy, being made mostly out of steel. My computer fully put together weighs over 50 pounds. If you need the space the HAF 932 won't disappoint.

hclarkjr

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I just got my HAF 932 about a week ago and couldn't be happier. It moves LOTS of air and does so very quietly. It also has excellent cable management options. One con with it is the fact that the HD and power lights on the front are REALLY REALLY bright. The size of the case is shocking as well, pictures don't do it justice, it is enormous. It is also very heavy, being made mostly out of steel. My computer fully put together weighs over 50 pounds. If you need the space the HAF 932 won't disappoint.

i just looked at the specs again and realized that this thing is 3 inches deeper than my P180 it is replacing. wow, i have lots of room for big video cards now.

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
i just looked at the specs again and realized that this thing is 3 inches deeper than my P180 it is replacing. wow, i have lots of room for big video cards now.

I'm sure you'll be happy with the HAF 932....Those xtra 3 inches will come in handy :)

I was kinda shocked when I got my HAF 922 from the Amazon black friday deal $59.99 shipped. The case is alot larger than it sounded or looked like in the pictures. But the depth dose come in handy.

SilentBobDC

Dec 11, 2009
After all the input I figured I'd go with the HAF 932. Filters can be made and the fact that it was on super-sale at NCIX on the 24th sealed the deal. Thanks for all the input and opinions.