Case Mods, it's art

Karl775

Apr 15, 2015
Hi guys.
If anyone out ther is like me, then you try to make our pc setup the best we can. Nice case some nice led lights and matching KB+M. Some cases are just stuck under the table and we spend our money and time with what's in the case.
No, I don't think we should, we've spent a lot of money for the hardware and software, why not spend on doing the case the way we want. Been watching guys doing there own case mods and they've are pure artist. I could never get to the standed they are at, but with some wire management and a few LEDs put some nice decals which match your style. Bang in a window and 9 times out 10 it's going to look 100 times better.
Some of my hardware has cost a lot and I want to see my MB, green wire covers with green LEDs. Not got it water cooled yet but I'll get there. Thinking of having the reservoir on the outside, with the lime green coolant. The tubing could go through the side panel to the rad or processor,. Spend a few quid on the outside as we have on the in side. You see these motor boys with flashing light, low profile wheels and a paint job, and it's about the same.
Let's put a bit of our selves in there, cos I'm sure you spent more time playing games then going on drive meets.
For any ideas check out Bill Owen on YouTube. There's a right way and a wrong way to do everything.
Thanks for reading .
Karl
Let me know what your going to do or already done.

Karl775

Apr 15, 2015
Btw, my avatar is on the side of my case. It's a Goblin case, so why not get the best know goblin on the side.
Cheers karl

Yuriman

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2004
I strongly prefer the simple, elegant look. Brushed aluminum, either raw or with black anodizing, and no plastic anywhere. I find windows to be obnoxious, as there's nothing worse than having a bunch of multicolored light coming out of the side of my machine in a dark room when I'm trying to watch a movie or play a game, or worse still, get work done. I'm also big into getting my PC as reasonably quiet as is possible.

Here's what I'm running now:

i1_011915.jpg

Last edited:

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
The most extensive case-mod I ever made used a 1995 Compaq ProLiant case. The "sub-project" at the end of the effort was supposed to use LED lights connected to the RAID controller ports for four drives to illuminate different Lexan splinters I planned to shape according to Weather Channel lightning-strike photos.

The case window was perfectly applied with automotive window mirror film, which would nevertheless show the lighting from the "special effects." But the important part of the project -- sheet-metal work, ducts and fans, drive cages and hot-swap bays, a bottom dual fan cage, double-caster braked wheels -- it had taken its toll. So I stopped short of the "lightning" lighting.

I don't waste time and money anymore on the glitz and bling. To me, it's all about airflow, cooling, noise-elimination and performance. If the case looks neat and simple, that's all I want.

PhIlLy ChEeSe

Apr 1, 2013
I do enjoy tinny bubblez, cause I could never turn the case side ways and you clearly know it all cause of yer post count.......................:rolleyes:

PhIlLy ChEeSe

Apr 1, 2013
It's only came with 4 stand offs for a mini motherboard It's a "Mini D frame"(mini ITX?) I don't know the name, just never bothered. Anyway I drilled the stand offs for the Maximus V Gene, the case was only made for 1 double slotted GPU. I'm running SLI GTX 580'S.
Basically I bought it thinking it was what I needed then when I got it, realized it wasn't made for my needs. Nothing crazy as far as Modding goes. It did keep me busy for a couple days, still have some stuff to do to it.

hey%20yoo%20009_zps6bec1tit.jpg

hey%20yoo%20003_zpsjzpgodd8.jpg

Last edited:

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
I do enjoy tinny bubblez, cause I could never turn the case side ways and you clearly know it all cause of yer post count.......................:rolleyes:

My post count doesn't matter here. Air rises to the highest point in the loop that it can, which means it'll go into the radiator and hurt your overall performance. A radiator should really be below the fill port/reservoir.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
Why people put the res below the rad always bewilders me. Enjoy air bubbles rising to the highest point of the loop...:rolleyes:

Sometimes there is no other way to do it. I'm running a Phanteks Evolve mATX case and the only place my 240mm rad would fit is on the top. The res couldn't be placed higher than that without it being outside of the case.

PhIlLy ChEeSe

Apr 1, 2013
My post count doesn't matter here. Air rises to the highest point in the loop that it can, which means it'll go into the radiator and hurt your overall performance. A radiator should really be below the fill port/reservoir.

Your highjacking/flaming! you every beerp a baby, you let the air out then put more water in while the RES is in the highest position.
When my system is shut down the bubblez go up there is like 1/2 inch of bubblez left in on purpose so I can see water flow. When the system starts the bubblez go in the res and stay.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
Your highjacking/flaming! you every beerp a baby, you let the air out then put more water in while the RES is in the highest position.

Air gets back in if you have foam or something; as long as you have enough water in the res, it will pull water, not air. :rolleyes:

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
Nothing crazy as far as Modding goes. It did keep me busy for a couple days

I heard that. I once dremel'ed the top of a Rocketfish (Lian Li) case for a 420mm rad, and it took me quite a bit of time to get it right. Makes you appreciate the effort some of the top modders put into their stuff.

PhIlLy ChEeSe

Apr 1, 2013
I heard that. I once dremel'ed the top of a Rocketfish (Lian Li) case for a 420mm rad, and it took me quite a bit of time to get it right. Makes you appreciate the effort some of the top modders put into their stuff.

Yeah, I wasn't planing or wanting to mod but the case wasn't what I thought. 30+ something years mechanical, Plus countless computers. Don't even think about it, just do it. I did luck out though, as I was gonna buy a full small case but not many will hold the 360. Then I saw the D frame and the rest is history, I got a good deal. The full size D frames are limited and usually sell for much more then retail.
Like to see some more mods.............I know we got a few!!!

Karl775

Apr 15, 2015
Hi guys,
Thanks for the pics. I finally got my graphics from the designers. The had my side panel and the cover for the where the floppy drive use to go, for over a week. Then they phoned and said it was ready to collect. The wankers just gave me 3 sets of decals and no parts, after about forty mins of pure terror they phoned the bloke who took the order and found them. Still had to put the decals on myself. It's looks pretty good now we the green fans and green LEDs. Even bought a Razar keypad, green backlight mouse and keyboard. It's sound overwhelming but it's not, it just casts a green glow. Next job is to replace the heat sink fan as it sounds like a 747 coming in to land. Need to start with getting bit by bit so I don't feel the sting to much. Will put a couple of pics on tomorrow as I'm in bed now and I'm a lazy ah heck. Lol
Cheers
Karl