Carrie Prejean ("Miss CA") goes on Larry King, whines her way off

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
She is a complete idiot...but a seriously hot idiot. I'd stick my sausage in her meat grinder any day.

John P

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I didn't watch the posted clip but I watched some of it yesterday... as I recall she told Larry King that they had agreed not to talk about this topic before the interview and it appears Larry went there anyway. Seems like Larry is the idiot here to me.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
which was the point of the question that Meredith Viera asked her as well and got the same answer. "If you made this about you being silenced, you losing your freedom of speech, you being persecuted, you being treated unfairly, you being attacked, then why settle the suit instead of proceeding to a public trial where you could explain how you'd been wronged?"

The question went to her motivation, not to the details of settlement. The question however pretty much gives us the answer: those claims were trumped up bullshit.

And even if they weren't we will never know because she can't speak about it. Worked out well for everyone involved I'm sure.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
I didn't watch the posted clip but I watched some of it yesterday... as I recall she told Larry King that they had agreed not to talk about this topic before the interview and it appears Larry went there anyway. Seems like Larry is the idiot here to me.

no she's the idiot. she needs people like Larry King's help to spread the word about her book (otherwise she never would agree to go on "liberal media" show and would just stick to Fox News). She chose to leave the interview after Larry moved on to another topic. Larry doesnt lose anything by her leaving. She has too big of an ego, which caused her to lose out on a good chance to talk about her book

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
no she's the idiot. she needs people like Larry King's help to spread the word about her book (otherwise she never would agree to go on "liberal media" show and would just stick to Fox News). She chose to leave the interview after Larry moved on to another topic. Larry doesnt lose anything by her leaving. She has too big of an ego, which caused her to lose out on a good chance to talk about her book

Kinda reminds me of the Billy Bob Thorton Interview that went awry awhile ago. Some people just can't handle going Off Script.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Let's call it what it is...persecution of a Christian by the secular left.

What a Godless nation this has become!

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003
She could have simply answered that she thought it was best just to put it behind her or something. She has such a Persecution Complex that she gets too uptight about things.

Yea, I had some sympathy initially. I honestly thought that what had happened wasn't entirely her fault - some part of me believed that she honestly answered a difficult question and deserved some credit for at least stating her true opinion instead of sugar coating it or non-answering it... even if I don't agree with her opinion.

Then she brought out the shovel and started burying herself and trying to cover everyone else in dirt in the process.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000

no such thing as bad PR. We are all talking about her right now. :hmm:

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
Yea, I had some sympathy initially. I honestly thought that what had happened wasn't entirely her fault - some part of me believed that she honestly answered a difficult question and deserved some credit for at least stating her true opinion instead of sugar coating it or non-answering it... even if I don't agree with her opinion.

Then she brought out the shovel and started burying herself and trying to cover everyone else in dirt in the process.

i feel the same way. initially, i had a lot of respect for her for speaking her mind even if it didnt fit into what was expected of her. I didnt agree with what she said, but i gave her kudos for having the guts to say something she knew will not be received well.

but then the way she started acting, and finding out how hypocritical she is, made her totally unattractive in my eyes

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
And even if they weren't we will never know because she can't speak about it. Worked out well for everyone involved I'm sure.

Missing the point. She claimed moral crusade. When given a chance to do something tho, she folded. But still goes on tv to complain about how she was "silenced" which is odd since there she sits with 10 tv interviews and a book under her belt. If this is silenced I don't want to se her shouting.

Feb 6, 2007
Not surprising; she seems the type to cut and run. For example, her new book arbitrarily ends mid-sentence on page 169, with the remaining 87 pages completely blank.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
link

EXCLUSIVE: 30 Nude Photos, 8 Sex Tapes Of Carrie Prejean Surface

There are 30 nude photos and eight sex tapes of former Miss California Carrie Prejean, RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively.

It’s the most shocking turn yet in a scandal that has continued to follow the woman whose anti-gay marriage stance led to a national controversy and pitted her against pageant organizers.

Stripped of her crown, Prejean sued the Miss California USA pageant but reportedly settled after the sex tape surfaced. She called the sex tape the biggest mistake of her life.

Now a RadarOnline.com investigation has uncovered that there are SEVEN more “biggest mistakes” of her life – all of them solo performances, just like the one sex tape that the religious beauty queen has admitted to. And there are 30 photos of Carrie, most topless, some showing everything, and most taken by Carrie using her reflection in a mirror.

On one tape Carrie is wearing just a flowing white blouse as she touches her own body in an alluring manner. Carrie can be heard moaning on a few of the tapes.

In her newly released book Carrie wrote, “God gave us our bodies, and it’s perfectly right that we use them in ways where we can give glory to God by making our bodies, our temples of the Holy Spirit, strong and fast.”

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I can kind of understand why she did it. She had said she didn't want that line of questions and yet he continued to ask.

really? think about it. here we are talking about her and her book was mentioned. It has been on nearly EVERY news show i have seen..

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
She is a complete idiot...but a seriously hot idiot. I'd stick my sausage in her meat grinder any day.

And risk coming down with stupid?

She's a pretty young girl and I have no problem with whatever gay marriage view she wishes to take, but please let her fifteen minutes be over. Shouldn't she be opening strip malls and speaking in front of Girl Scouts by now?

njswift10141980

Feb 12, 2005
I like the fact that Larry was getting a little pissed off and kept asking her, but in typical fashion he backs off.