Car and Driver Comparo: TT, Z4, S2000, 350z, and Boxster - YOu'll never guess who the winner is............

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
yessss!!! is it true the s2k deisgn is updated in 2004? then im screwed. pray that they dont change the body....

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: psteng19

Your analogies are a little off today eh?
Apples to apples please. CPU's to cars is apples to oranges.

I'm saying you can't compare a AWD, rally bred, turbocharged sedan to a RWD sports coupe, regardless of which one is faster.
That's like saying the new H2 Hummer sucks because it's not as fast as a '69 Corvette.

You're right, the purpose built 2 door coupe is supposed to be faster than the hopped up econobox rice rockets. Oh wait.

Man, the nissan whores sure are getting pissy cause I insulted their pimp sugar daddy. :D

psteng19

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2000
Originally posted by: OS
Originally posted by: psteng19

Your analogies are a little off today eh?
Apples to apples please. CPU's to cars is apples to oranges.

I'm saying you can't compare a AWD, rally bred, turbocharged sedan to a RWD sports coupe, regardless of which one is faster.
That's like saying the new H2 Hummer sucks because it's not as fast as a '69 Corvette.

You're right, the purpose built 2 door coupe is supposed to be faster than the hopped up econobox rice rockets. Oh wait.

Man, the nissan whores sure are getting pissy cause I insulted their pimp sugar daddy. :D

And like I said, they beat the pants off the S2000 too. So I guess that makes the S2000 and 350Z both horrible failures right?
Sorry, there's more to cars than just going fast.

My point is you are pulling up bad analogies.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Originally posted by: boyRacer
Originally posted by: mAdD INDIAN
Originally posted by: boyRacer
The Boxster takes 1st for me... :D

they included price in the comparision (since this wasn't all about perfomrance..but the overall picture)....the Boxster maybe better..but not $10k+ better.

yeah i know... but it'll always be 1st for me... :confused: out of that group at least. :) My friend is selling his S2000 though... $18k... too damn tempting. :(

What year is the S2K your friend is selling? My friend is looking to buy a used S2K and is already considering getting a 2002 for $26k next week.

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
S2K and 350Z are apples and oranges. The S2K is more nimble, but you have to ring it's neck all the time to get it to go. The 350Z has a much more pleasant torque curve for the street IMO.

Sal

atom

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
Before I opened the thread I said to myself please for the love of God not let it be the Audi.:D

S2K and 350Z are apples and oranges. The S2K is more nimble, but you have to ring it's neck all the time to get it to go. The 350Z has a much more pleasant torque curve for the street IMO.

But then you have to ask yourself, what are you doing on the street, in a convertible, that requires massive torque? Maybe it's just me, but the S2000 seemed to have plenty enough torque to get around when I drove it....................

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Originally posted by: atom
Before I opened the thread I said to myself please for the love of God not let it be the Audi.:D

But then you have to ask yourself, what are you doing on the street, in a convertible, that requires massive torque? Maybe it's just me, but the S2000 seemed to have plenty enough torque to get around when I drove it....................

It's called Magazine racers. They haven't driven one to tell you a real experience, only what they read.

rubenswm

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2000
Originally posted by: isekii
Originally posted by: atom

It's called Magazine racers. They haven't driven one to tell you a real experience, only what they read.

yeah I was just gonna ask if he's actually ever driven one?

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
haha, my 2 top favorites.. of course

the TT is junk
the Z4 is just plain butt ugly
the Boxster is a poor man's Porsche

and the other 2 are sweet.. :)

WhiteKnight

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
I just read about a matchup between a Boxster S and a 3.0 Z4 and they said that while the Boxster was a hair up that BMW also took top honors.

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
the Honda's interior details, particularly the leather wheel, look richer than the Porsche's
Interesting. Porsche's interiors have been getting knocked quite a bit lately (most people say the Touareg's interior is better than the more expensive Cayenne's).