Capitalism: A Love Story -- New Moore Movie

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: kylebisme
While again I have not seen Sicko, I have appreciated how much information Moore packs into the films of his I have seen, and never found them lacking context or relevance. I have seen people argue as much about those films, but like here not able to reasonably substantate those arguments.

By the way, here is the interview where the former marketing head of a major heath insurance company talks about Sicko:

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/07102009/watch2.html
Moore picks good topics, I don't think he goes at them honestly or objectively, though. He is all emotion and no reason.

This interview is interesting.

What terrible PR for Sigma to have the ex chief of their PR in this interview :)

TheSkinsFan

Golden Member
May 15, 2009
Originally posted by: jman19
Originally posted by: TheSkinsFan
Originally posted by: kylebisme
Originally posted by: TheSkinsFan
Any "valid points" he makes are the exception, not the rule. I am definitely not a "far-right wingnut," and I still think Moore's a total douchebag -- along with anyone else who might fit in at Dailykos.
Do you have anything but hot air to back that up?

Back what up? My opinion about Moore and his mostly worthless productions?

Why does anyone think their opinion is holy just because it is an opinion?

I think what he was asking was, why do you feel that way?

Skoorb summed up my opinion very well with this:

Originally posted by: Skoorb
It isn't real journalism, but it does pretend it is, and people often buy into it like it is. It simply isn't professional or objective.

Moore starts with a conclusion and then builds a case to fit that conclusion. His movies are entertaining at best, generally to those who've also concluded already what he has.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Still watching that interview. I remember now in Sicko when moore asks people what their wait was in the hospital and they come up with numbers like 10, 20, 45 minutes. This is exactly what I'm talking about. It is meaningless. For all we know he simply edited out the people who said "I've been here for five hours".

http://sigmundcarlandalfred.wo...times-in-canada-vs-us/

That compares some waiting times. Again, it uses a US number and obviously a completely ridiculous canadian one. It's the moore approach but done to fight for the other side, both deceptive.