capital one is pretty frustrating to deal with

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

petejk

Apr 6, 2002
drop then and find a new bank to issue you a credit card

its that simple

welcome to capitalism

astrocase

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2005
ConsumerInfo.com and Freecreditreport.com are not affiliated with the annual free credit report program. Under a new Federal law, you have the right to receive a free copy of your credit report once every 12 months from each of the three nationwide consumer reporting companies. To request your free annual report under that law, you must go to www.annualcreditreport.com.

From freecreditreport.com's website.

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: PurdueRy
Originally posted by: PaulNEPats
My limit is 6800 from Citi and I am a junior in college with only a summer retail income...

Student card?

yup

What APR did you get? A lof of these issuers are giving healthy CLs to students, and raping them on the APR.

PurdueRy

Lifer
Nov 12, 2004
My limit is 6800 from Citi and I am a junior in college with only a summer retail income...

Student card?

yup

What APR did you get? A lof of these issuers are giving healthy CLs to students, and raping them on the APR.

17.740% that doesn't sound bad to me. I don't have too much experience with CC's though...only had two

astrocase

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2005
Wow. Annualcreditreport.com is easy to use and since I haven't checked out my credit in years it's fascinating. Now I know why I get so many credit card offers. There must be 100 requests by every credit card out there to check my credit.

astrocase

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2005
17.740% is really terrible. There are plenty of 0% cards out there and before you get to those you should be able to pick up a sub 10% card out there. If anything, pay off your card every month so that they don't rape you on interest.

PurdueRy

Lifer
Nov 12, 2004
Originally posted by: astrocase
17.740% is really terrible. There are plenty of 0% cards out there and before you get to those you should be able to pick up a sub 10% card out there. If anything, pay off your card every month so that they don't rape you on interest.

I believe its usually 0% for some amount of time...not forever...

Otherwise...there would be no reason to pay it off.

archcommus

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
I'm quite happy with Capital One myself.

I called six months after my last raise and they gave me another no problem.

astrocase

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2005
Right. It's an introductory offer. However you can balance transfer it to another 0% card. I had a 0% citicard and transfered the balance to a 0% discover card. The key is to find a card that doesn't charge you a fee or a percentage.

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
My 0% Capital One has a limit of $5k. My other cards are at around $4k, and $2k I believe. I'm a senior in college and have never bought/financed anything major..

Oct 9, 1999
i got a 9.9% apr captial one its my emergency card.. with only 300 or is it 500 in credit.. what good that does i dont know. Oh well i keep it. I havent bothered to raise the limit on that..

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
After my credit limit got up above 2500 from them I stopped caring. I don't anticipate spending more then that per month on my credit card.

Now if they'd just stop sending me those god damn credit card checks every 4 days.

archcommus

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
Originally posted by: PingSpike
After my credit limit got up above 2500 from them I stopped caring. I don't anticipate spending more then that per month on my credit card.

Now if they'd just stop sending me those god damn credit card checks every 4 days.
You can call and opt out.

Garet Jax

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2000
Originally posted by: zixxer
My credit, while I don't have a lot of it, is all perfect.

Make payments on a bike
Bought a house ~6 months ago
2 credit cards total, both in good standing
most of my utilities report and all are in good standing

Capital one won't raise my credit limit above $800. I've had thier card for at least 3 years. My chase card has a $2200 limit, which is still low... but arg

Why do you want a high credit limit? More rope to hang yourself with.....

I am routinely turning down credit limit increases.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I have ~$50k limit between 3 cards, and all are < 10% APR. I still have my Capital One card from when I was 18 or so, and I keep it open only for the history. I think they still have me at 15%. They're worthless.

Mermaidman

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
. . . Capital one won't raise my credit limit above $800. I've had thier card for at least 3 years. My chase card has a $2200 limit, which is still low... but arg

DON'T "DUMP" IT. Just stop using it.
I wonder, though, if maxing the credit on a credit card, but also paying it on time, would trigger the CC issuer to raise the limit. Anyone know?

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Garet Jax
My credit, while I don't have a lot of it, is all perfect.

Make payments on a bike
Bought a house ~6 months ago
2 credit cards total, both in good standing
most of my utilities report and all are in good standing

Capital one won't raise my credit limit above $800. I've had thier card for at least 3 years. My chase card has a $2200 limit, which is still low... but arg

Why do you want a high credit limit? More rope to hang yourself with.....

I am routinely turning down credit limit increases.

How do you propose buying large ticket items online?

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005

Student card?

yup

as long as you pay the balance, does it matter the apr? ill take 100% apr with 50k limit since i pay everything at the end of the month.