Can't miss PS3 exclusives?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I think you can get Persona 4 from the download store?

With how good Persona 5 looks I'm going to have to play this series. Do the games need to be played in order to understand the story, like for example with the Uncharted series?

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
With how good Persona 5 looks I'm going to have to play this series. Do the games need to be played in order to understand the story, like for example with the Uncharted series?

No. Only Persona and Persona 2 relate to each other; the rest are separate stories. Although, if you want to play Persona 4, it's arguable that Persona 4: Golden is the better version of the game to play. However, it's only available on the Vita, but you could always pick up a PlayStation TV, which is really just a Vita without a screen or buttons, but it includes an Ethernet port. The product kind of failed, so it's fairly cheap!

Reactions: SteveGrabowski

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
No. Only Persona and Persona 2 relate to each other; the rest are separate stories. Although, if you want to play Persona 4, it's arguable that Persona 4: Golden is the better version of the game to play. However, it's only available on the Vita, but you could always pick up a PlayStation TV, which is really just a Vita without a screen or buttons, but it includes an Ethernet port. The product kind of failed, so it's fairly cheap!

Plus it can use PS3 controllers. The memory cards are expensive, though.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Plus it can use PS3 controllers. The memory cards are expensive, though.

Yeah, you may be best going to eBay, because the price on the memory cards is so ridiculous. It costs more to buy a decent memory card than it does to buy the PlayStation TV itself. :eek: