Can't install Windows 10

RobertCecil

May 21, 2018
I have a computer that has a 1tb that has windows on it with a 4tb that I'm using for video game storage. I was having problems playing the steam games off the 2 HDDs and system would blue screen from time to time (Mostly while playing Elder Scrolls Online, only one other game, Unturned, has caused a bluescreen thus far.). The issue seemed to be caused by the games being on a different HDD than the windows installation. I decided to format the 4tb and load windows directly onto it. So after formatting the 4Tb HDD i removed the 1tb HDD that had windows on it and tried to use a dvd with win10 iso on it. Computer would not boot the disc said boot failed. so then I made a flash drive with win10 iso on it and again would not load (side note had problem getting into bios because keyboard wasn't getting power in time to enter them fixed by unplugging everything except keyboard) . Then i found my system disc that came with the computer and inserted it. The install seems to start correctly, asking me for my language/country. When i clicked install and entered my key, it showed a screen that says drive 0 128 mb (I have no Idea what that is and says windows cant be loaded on this drive.) My 4tb HDD Isn't showing on list. It does however show up in BIOS. If i put the 1Tb HDD back in, it shows up in BIOS but not for the install list

AMD FX 8core fx9590
the motherboard is a gigabyte 78lmt-usb3 r2
16gb ram
GEFORCE GTX 750Ti

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
First thing that jumps out at me, is that board is only rated for 125W CPUs, and it has a 220W CPU in it. That is not a good combo, and you are going to want to address that as soon as money permits.

The install issue is usually just a setting or 3 in the UEFI needs changing. Turning off settings (if they are present) like secure boot. Enabling legacy, enabling CSM if available, moving the usb stick to the first boot position.

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
The Windows issue will be the least of your concerns soon. Like Punisher said, that motherboard is not designed to handle that FX9590 220Watt cpu. You'll burn out the Mosfets or VRM's from that power draw.

• 4+1 Phase Power Design for AMD 125W CPU support (FX9590 is not on the supported cpu list)

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
The Windows issue will be the least of your concerns soon. Like Punisher said, that motherboard is not designed to handle that FX9590 220Watt cpu. You'll burn out the Mosfets or VRM's from that power draw.

• 4+1 Phase Power Design for AMD 125W CPU support (FX9590 is not on the supported cpu list)
It's probably just throttling most of the time.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
That board is not a "full" UEFI board, to my knowledge. It's some sort of "Hybrid UEFI". That might be causing you some issues, if you have a >2TB HDD as your primary boot drive.