Question Can't Install 64 bit Adobe Reader Under Windows 7 64 bit!?

meeshu

Jun 9, 2003
Trying to install the 64 bit version of Adobe Reader under Windows 7 64 bit, but the installer only installs the 32 bit version instead!?

My system is definitely Windows 7 64 bit, as confirmed by checking Computer Properties.

I've tried downloading several offline installers which should include 64 bit versions, but the installers still only want to install the 32 bit versions!?

At Adobe website, I've manually selected the the operating system (Windows 7) and the language (MUI, aka Multiple User Interface, I think), and the final selection should then be to select either the 32 bit or the 64 bit version of Adobe Reader. But the final selection box doesn't show selection options for 32 bit and 64 bit, it just shows a general installer download, which I thought incorporates both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Adobe Reader? But apparently this isn't the case as the downloaded installer will only install 32 bit versions on my computer!?

I'm fairly certain I've installed 64 bit versions previously (a few years back), but for some reason(s) 64 bit versions will not install under my 64 bit operating system now!?

It seems like the installers think my system is 32 bits!?

Why can't I install 64 bit version of Adobe Reader (now)?

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
32bit software runs on 64bit system perfectly, Adobe Reader 32 or 64bit will not use more than 4GB RAM (2GB actually if 32bit OS) anyway, why does it matter?

Did you run into out of memory issue when using 32bit Adobe Reader? Does your system has less than 4GB of memory?

Last edited: