Question Can't Get to Post (Crosshair VII Hero Wifi)

Mar 28, 2020
So, I've been trying to get my PC to boot but I keep getting stuck in a boot loop with Q-code 08, which apparently is CPU related (means "System Agent initializaition after microcode loading"). The fans start to move but immediately stop, a couple of seconds later repeats, until I shut down the PSU or it gives up by istelf after a lot of retries. The funny thing is I managed to get to the BIOS a couple of times, but then the boot loop returned with me not even having touched the PC parts. The first time I did it was out of nowhere, booted after a failed a flash BIOS update attempt, and the second was when I reseated the RAMs and properly pushed them, which I realised I was doing only on one side. I already researched forums and tried several things that were recommended, here's a list of what I already did:

- Tried swapping RAM slots to every possible combination, tried booting with only 1 RAM stick in every slot, made sure I was connecting the RAM properly;
- Tried disconnecting the GPU, SSD, RAMs and peripherials/case connectors, tried assembling the PC outside the case in the same conditions i.e. disconnecting parts one by one, reconnected all the PSU cables;
- Tried updating the BIOS to 3004, then to 2901, BIOS update was succesful but the issue persisted with the same code;
- Tried removing the battery, leaving for 5 minutes and putting again, tried clearing the CMOS (a bunch of times);
- Tried reseating the CPU and the Heatsink, loosend the black plate screws, tried both the custom Le Grand Macho cooler and the stock AMD cooler.

I have just built this PC, however, I sent the MOBO for a friend abroad and he was able to sent it to me just now (more than a year later) so warranty is not an option. I haven't been able to install Windows so far. If you can help me hit me up.

Thank you,

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Flare X Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ]
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB ROG STRIX Video Card
Case: NZXT H710i ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Suppply
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-28 15:50 EDT-0400

Mar 28, 2020
a google search for "asus q code 08" bring us many different soultions of the cause
Thank you for your answer.
I had already researched that and did a lot of what was recommended so it feels like I'm hitting a dead end, but after reading your comment I researched it again and found some threads I haven't read. Apparently this motherboard has a problem with the 'gasket' which I am assuming is the thing that goes between the black plate and motherboard. I already took that off but it didn't help, although when I got my PC running I wasn't using it, it just wasn't immediately after I removed, so maybe I'll give it a shot again, but I don't feel like it'll do any good. I'll keep on reading trough those forums, maybe I'll find the issue.

Mar 28, 2020
Researching led me to find these steps:

"Try this before returning the board.
1. Remove PSU power for 15 minutes.
2. Remove the CPU and only have (1) dimm installed in slot 2.
3. Attach PSU power, clear CMOS.
4. Use USB Flashback and flash to EFI 1002.
5. After USB Flashback completes, remove PSU power.
6. Install the CPU and cooler, plus add (1) dimm in slot 4.
7. Attach PSU power, boot the system.
8. It will either work or not, if not, unfortunately the board needs to be replaced. "

Unfortunately, still code 8, no sign of life.