cant change work pc wallpaper

Nerva

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
i cant believe they would lock something like that. all i want is to change the wallpaper to something more personal to liven up the cube. damn!

/end rant

Tremulant

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Heh, we can't change our screensaver as a side-effect of our policy to lock PC after 20 min of inactivity.

Torghn

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2001
C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper

Change away. Oh, and don't get fired over renaming a file.

Pacemaker

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2001
oh by the way usually a right click and a set as background works even if they block it. Not sure why, never bothered to figure it out.

Nerva

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
Originally posted by: Pacemaker
oh by the way usually a right click and a set as background works even if they block it. Not sure why, never bothered to figure it out.

doesnt work, that is until you lock the station and then you see the picture.

Tremulant

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Originally posted by: cessna152
Originally posted by: Torghn
C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper

Change away. Oh, and don't get fired over renaming a file.

Heh, we lock C: Drive access to.

We lock users from creating files on C:\. Mainly because it makes it easier to transfer their data from PC to PC, if we know that it's all in their profile.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: 3cho
i cant believe they would lock something like that. all i want is to change the wallpaper to something more personal to liven up the cube. damn!

/end rant

its so you don't put up anything NSFW like half naked women or men.

jamesbond007

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2000
What about if you were browsing in IE and found a nice resolution wallpaper and right-clicked on the image and 'Set as Background'? Does that work?

Either way, I wouldn't change it because you may not be able to change it back. An admin might get pissed at you! :p

fLum0x

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2004

/end rant

QUIT!

Nerva

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
Originally posted by: Thraxen
Originally posted by: j00fek
thats what gpo's are for, users like you :)

gpos?

Group Policy Objects

i mean i dont want something flagrant as my background, just a picture i took in hong kong over the summer. man, what's the deal?

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
We don't block backgrounds, but I find those who change them are most often the ones bitching about not having enough time to get work done. I can then look up their internet activity and see they spent 4 hours hunting for the perfect picture to make their background.