Canon Rebel XT or XTi??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jawo

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
Originally posted by: kalster
xti with grip is perfect, ergonomically and for balancing large zoom lenses

I couldnt agree more! It also enables you to take vertical pictures very easily. Plus the buttons seem to be logically placed vs the a100, pentax or nikon.

Jun 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Jawo

I couldnt agree more! It also enables you to take vertical pictures very easily. Plus the buttons seem to be logically placed vs the a100, pentax or nikon.

yeah i can see the grip improving the handling for me with my 400d (XTi) but it costs at least £80 for the proper one, i dont even know if it comes with a battery either lol.

theres alot of grips for this cam on ebay, like <£50 and with 2 batteries.... yeah im skeptical lol

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: otispunkmeyer

yeah i can see the grip improving the handling for me with my 400d (XTi) but it costs at least £80 for the proper one, i dont even know if it comes with a battery either lol.

theres alot of grips for this cam on ebay, like <£50 and with 2 batteries.... yeah im skeptical lol

Opteka makes a Rebel XT grip, which I think works on the XTi as well. The Opteka grip gets really good reviews and is cheaper than the Canon equivalent. I love my XT grip and wouldn't want to shoot without it.

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
I'm probably going to end up buying the XT + kit lens from BHPhoto. Best deal I could find for a NEW camera. 570 after shipping and taxes.

I've still got til Sept 13th to fool around and decide if i need another lens.

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
Originally posted by: fuzzybabybunny
Originally posted by: otispunkmeyer

Opteka makes a Rebel XT grip, which I think works on the XTi as well. The Opteka grip gets really good reviews and is cheaper than the Canon equivalent. I love my XT grip and wouldn't want to shoot without it.

I have the opteka grip, its pretty good, cheap and works as advertised

secretanchitman

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
i would say an XT to save the $130, but honestly, i would go with a nikon D50 or if you can afford the extra money, a D80.

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
Well I'm ordering in the morning. Newegg has the best deal ATM...it'll be the Rebel XT + kit lens + 2 x2GB Compact Flash drive with 2 day shipping for $593

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: DeathBUA
Well I'm ordering in the morning. Newegg has the best deal ATM...it'll be the Rebel XT + kit lens + 2 x2GB Compact Flash drive with 2 day shipping for $593

While i'm :( that we couldn't talk you over to the Nikon side, you'll enjoy it i'm sure :)

You've also eliminated the Pentax?

Happy shooting :beer:

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
Originally posted by: dug777

While i'm :( that we couldn't talk you over to the Nikon side, you'll enjoy it i'm sure :)

I didnt like the D40 all that much(especially certain features) and trying to find a used D50 was becoming a pain.

The Pentax looked really nice but I've never had any experiences with a Pentax whatsoever. And call me a bum but I've only ever used Canon or Nikon for all my cameras and was honestly a little scared to make the jump to Pentax despite the 100D being cheaper.

And I haven't totally abandoned Nikon....I still have my Nikon N75 film SLR that I toy around with ;)

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
Originally posted by: dug777

I didnt like the D40 all that much(especially certain features) and trying to find a used D50 was becoming a pain.

The Pentax looked really nice but I've never had any experiences with a Pentax whatsoever. And call me a bum but I've only ever used Canon or Nikon for all my cameras and was honestly a little scared to make the jump to Pentax despite the 100D being cheaper.

And I haven't totally abandoned Nikon....I still have my Nikon N75 film SLR that I toy around with ;)

The one thing about the Pentax I do hate is it's in-camera jpeg sucks donkey balls (ok, that might be harsh, but it's not up to par to nikon/canon IMO). Now, to me it's not that big of a deal, I'd shoot raw anyway, but it's something to consider.