Cannot get 4" TFT composite screen to work with Ti4600

davidrees

Mar 28, 2002
I bought one of those mini LCD screen to use as a second monitor with my MSI GeForce 4 Ti 4600 card.

I have the screen all mounted and looking sweet in a small box shaped picture frame/display case.

The problem is - I cannot get the GF4 to disply to it. In fact, I have read the .pdf that tells you how to setup the second screen and one of the check boxes is missing.

The only thing I am not sure on is the signal connection - the screen has a 3.5mm plug - I have a 3.5mm stereo to 2 RCA plug cable hooked to the screen - do I need to just get a mono 3.5mm to single RCS adaptor and then hook it to signal? the cable I am using is the one that connects my camcorder composite video and mono sound to the VCR.

Anyway - can the GF4 detect when a composite display is connected and disconnected? Can someone point me in the right direction?

davidrees

Mar 28, 2002
Can someone help me get a composite screen hooked up to my Ti4600 as a secondary display?

nemo160

Jul 16, 2001
try going with the mono plug to single rca adapter
i had some similar issues trying to get my sblive's digital out to work with the rca digitalin on my reciever
stereo plug - dual rca...tried both and neither worked
mono plug - single rca works fine..still using it
hope that works cause taht'd be a cheap solution to it