Question Cannot assign drive to HDD after reset/format

SlowEJ8

Jan 6, 2011
Forwarded from previous thread....

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Pro, with a SDD and HDD.

Few days ago... I performed a 'reset my pc', i've done both options, "keep my files" as well as "remove everything", performed both because the first time I reset, accidently powered my PC off.(Not sure if having 2 storage options could have created errors)

I preformed this reset because I was streaming on OBS and ran into a webcam issue, no matter what I did, unplugging and reinstalling, my webcam never turned back on. Even reinstalled OBS, nothing worked.

After doing a complete reset I ran into some sound management issues with my Blue Yeti mic, it would constantly disable and enable itself, Had to restart my PC for it to stop. Continues if I change any settings on the Blue Yeti.

Fast forward to the problem now.

I ended up deleting all partitions in Windows installation screen and pretty much reinstalled windows 10.

I'm running into an issue where I cannot see my HDD under my computer. The first time I made the PC i was able to assign a drive quite easily. Why is this?
Anyway, I did a google search and went to computer management to try and give it a drive letter but has no options for me to do that. Only allows me to convert to dynamic and mbr disc. HDD is detected on disc 0, unallocated.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

p.s. my old windows 10 key is not working, any work around for this?

My PC Specs just in case....

Windows 10 Pro
AMD 3900x
MSI x570 Gaming Plus
Samsung EVO Plus 500gb
WD 2TB HDD
Corsair Vengeance 16gb
RTX 2070 Super

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
What size is the HDD? You need to convert it to an MBR or Dynamic disc and then create a partition as the drive is unallocated.

Where did you get the Windows 10 key? Is this computer a pre-built or did you build it?

Furious_Styles

Jan 17, 2019
What size is the HDD? You need to convert it to an MBR or Dynamic disc and then create a partition as the drive is unallocated.

Where did you get the Windows 10 key? Is this computer a pre-built or did you build it?
He shouldn't have to convert to mbr. He should have all drives as GPT not legacy.

Reactions: Shmee

SlowEJ8

Jan 6, 2011

The HDD is 2tb. The SDD is 500gb
When i first built the computer i had no problems assigning a drive to the HDD, i did it under my computer.
All this seemed to have happened after I reset my pc(removed all files from pc) and deleted all partitions in windows installation and reinstalled windows.

I built this pc, and I purchased a windows 10 key online. After doing some research seems like my cdkey was only able to use once.

[/QUOTE]
He shouldn't have to convert to mbr. He should have all drives as GPT not legacy.

So what should I do?

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
The HDD is 2tb. The SDD is 500gb
When i first built the computer i had no problems assigning a drive to the HDD, i did it under my computer.
All this seemed to have happened after I reset my pc(removed all files from pc) and deleted all partitions in windows installation and reinstalled windows.

I built this pc, and I purchased a windows 10 key online. After doing some research seems like my cdkey was only able to use once.
When you deleted all the partitions you must have deleted the ones on the HDD as well.

So what should I do?
Convert it to a dynamic disc, then create a partition.