Candidates leave Iowa endorsementless....

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
....so far.
Harkin Not Inclined to Endorse Candidates

<snips>
"I'm inclined not to support anybody, that's where I am right now," Harkin said
In the last election, Harkin's backing of Al Gore on Labor Day 1999 helped deliver a solid win for the eventual Democratic nominee over Bill Bradley in the Iowa caucuses. Now, with two months to the Jan. 19 caucuses, a belated endorsement may not carry as much influence.
The state's other top elected Democrat, Gov. Tom Vilsack, said he would like to remain neutral, but also reserve the right to endorse a candidate.
</snips>

No love for Dean? Come on guys(Harkin/Vilsack) - Dean had 43 buses - that's gotta count for something.:p Or are they just scared of endorsing Gephardt who will eventually lose the nomination. Hmmm....

CkG

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
....so far.
Harkin Not Inclined to Endorse Candidates

<snips>
"I'm inclined not to support anybody, that's where I am right now," Harkin said
In the last election, Harkin's backing of Al Gore on Labor Day 1999 helped deliver a solid win for the eventual Democratic nominee over Bill Bradley in the Iowa caucuses. Now, with two months to the Jan. 19 caucuses, a belated endorsement may not carry as much influence.
The state's other top elected Democrat, Gov. Tom Vilsack, said he would like to remain neutral, but also reserve the right to endorse a candidate.
</snips>

No love for Dean? Come on guys(Harkin/Vilsack) - Dean had 43 buses - that's gotta count for something.:p Or are they just scared of endorsing Gephardt who will eventually lose the nomination. Hmmm....

CkG
Beside Harkin are there any other democrates there? Well, beside those they bus in for such occasions?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: LunarRay
Beside Harkin are there any other democrates there? Well, beside those they bus in for such occasions?

Yeah, Boswell the corrupt, and our wonderful Gov. Pillage'N'Sack who likes to illegally move funds after the budget is passed. There are about 3(4 if you count Ames) main places in Iowa that are "Liberal". DesMoines, CedarRapids/Iowa City(area), and the Quad City area(Davenport etc). The rest of the state is mostly "Conservative"

I guess people couldn't drive the 2-3 hours to DesMoines so they hopped on a bus
rolleye.gif
....or weren't they all from Iowa:Q;)

CkG