Cancer.. i have it

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
So something weird has happened. I'm still getting chills often and my throat (other side) has started hurting a bit. I went to see the ENT and everything looks good. I think we've narrowed it down to Secondary Raynaud's Syndrome, brought on by the chemo. Why its taken so long to manifest itself is odd, but several times a day my tongue gets numb also, turns pale white, and gets tingly, which tightens up my throat and makes my neck/throat muscles sore. About 5-10 mins later, it goes away and my tongue turns pink again and the discomfort goes away. My fingers are also super cold most of the time as is my body if its 50 or below outside.

Harmless, but weird. I'm still cancer free and my radiology oncologist has discharged me, so I'm only seeing my chemo oncologist and ENT now.

Happy Holidays!

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
So something weird has happened. I'm still getting chills often and my throat (other side) has started hurting a bit. I went to see the ENT and everything looks good. I think we've narrowed it down to Secondary Raynaud's Syndrome, brought on by the chemo. Why its taken so long to manifest itself is odd, but several times a day my tongue gets numb also, turns pale white, and gets tingly, which tightens up my throat and makes my neck/throat muscles sore. About 5-10 mins later, it goes away and my tongue turns pink again and the discomfort goes away. My fingers are also super cold most of the time as is my body if its 50 or below outside.

Harmless, but weird. I'm still cancer free and my radiology oncologist has discharged me, so I'm only seeing my chemo oncologist and ENT now.

Happy Holidays!
Good news! Happy holidays to you too.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Two years ago I went through radiation therapy for prostate cancer. Last week my radiation oncologist told me my PSA was 0.2, and that he was releasing me and I should continue to see the urologist every year.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Congrats slag! Hopefully those secondary symptoms clear up soon!

Congrats to you too MtnMan!

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I inherited Reynauds,I know that pain in the extremities. Never heard of it affecting other places. Happy holidays to you, Too!

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
I inherited Reynauds,I know that pain in the extremities. Never heard of it affecting other places. Happy holidays to you, Too!
Sis has it (Dad's side). Hope my cold feet aren't a sigh. Probably just because I'm old and need to wear socks. WTH, the 16 y.o. was bitching that it was 68 in the house. Pansy.

Alpha One Seven

Golden Member
Sep 11, 2017
I also have cancer, I consider myself lucky to know how I will die. My Father and brother died of cancer within the last 3 years. No one gets out of this one alive. :)